22. Steps to avoid marriage

~ If you have to hurt other people in order to feel powerful, you are an extremely weak individual.

Amyrah

I glanced at myself in the mirror. I looked ugly. Yes ugly. Rayzah, my sister in law said, "You look amazing."

"I look disgusting!" I retorted angrily.

Any ideas why I am dressed up like a clown?

Because that... that Mr. soon-to-be-a-groom-but-I-won't-marry-him is coming. To see me. Yep. Pathetic.

Though there is an advantage I am dressed like this. He'll surely run away after looking at me. So I made sure to come up with a tactic to make that happen. As soon as Rayzah had left the room, I started writing it down on my journal.

01. Dress up like a clown✅

02. Secretly glare and stick out my tongue at him.

03. Make fun of him in public.

04. Then laugh at him like a maniac.

05. Keep talking non stop till his ears bleed, not bleed blood, but you know what... huh whatever!

These steps weren't enough to drive him away completely. So after a thought I wrote some other points too.

06. Smile innocently and grab his arm, then suddenly twist it.

07. Whisper saying, "I'll kill you if you agree to this marriage! I hate you from the core of my heart!"

08. Keep on smirking devilishly, then he'll surely scream,"You idiot! I will never marry you!"

09. Angrily he will raise his palm to slap me. Then my brother will run and come to my rescue. I will shed a few tears, and act like I've no idea what he's doing.

10. His family will stare at him in shock. Then angrily take him away. Finally I will fist my hand up in the air saying, "Hoorray!"

I happily closed my journal. I have completed my first step. Now I just have to make sure I do everything else right. With a huge smile, I opened the room door.

Take a deep breath, Amyrah. Slowly I started walking down the stairs.

Here goes.

"That's my sister's daughter, Amyrah," my aunt said.

"Oh, so she's the one."

Obviously duh!

I slowly looked at the woman. She was dressed in an expensive, glittery grey coloured Abaya, it was more like a cloak, though. Too expensive. Too modern. So unlike me. I scrunched my nose in disgust, which made her smile vanish.

Ya Allah! What an impression I just gave.

I quickly gave her a huge smile and waved. She looked quite unsure, so she just nodded.

Wait. Why did I wave?

I took a deep breath. After exchanging a few formalities and nods, I was finally told to sit. The
soon-to-be-a-groom-but-I-won't-marry-him was nowhere to be seen.