59. Ice-creams and Love

~ “Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she began to fly.”

Zameer

I look through the window in satisfaction. The car drives through the bumpy road, hugging the land and taking each turn in easy strides. I let my eyes run over each hue, seeing perfection, all the while rendering it more beautiful.

I look at my right, to find my wife, deep in slumber against my shoulders. Her slender arms around mine as she hugged them in content muttering a, "What a hot pillow."

Before I could even reply, she dozed off again.

Wow. What a trip! I wanted to speak with her the full ride, but not even an hour and she fell asleep.

I glance through the windows enjoying the chilly breeze. My eyes started getting sloppy, and within a few minutes I dozed off.

Each time I dozed off my head knocks in the window panel and I wake up with a thud. Again and again.

Urgh.

"Love? Wake up. I wanna eat."

I tap her for almost ten minutes when finally she opens her eyes and quickly moves away.

"Huh?" Amyrah squints her eyes. "What am I doing here?"

I groan. "I see you've slept well, eh."

"Who are you?" She asks drowsily. "Don't.... kidnap me. I am really.... slee---"

She closes her eyes again.

I look at her in disbelief. Did she just sleep again!?

"Amyrah!!! I wanna eat!" I whined.

"Oh Zameer, it's you," Amyrah sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"No," I deadpanned. "It's Mr. Jinn."

"Hah. Finally you realized what an evil Jinn you are!" She snap.

I roll my eyes.

"Hey Zameer, I wanna eat."

"Me too," I pouted.

"I wanna eat biryani," Amyrah says excitedly.

I nod. "Yeah? Biryani with fried chicken and salad."

"Yes. I want it now! Also a cup of yoghurt as desert."

"Yoghurt and ice cream!"

"Yoghurt, chocolate ice cream and kulfi!"

I give her a high five. "Biryani, fried chicken, salad, yoghurt, chocolate ice cream and kulfi!"

"Wait, Zameer, don't forget milkshake! Strawberry milkshake!"

"No! I want mango lassi!" I interjected.

"Okay, strawberry milkshake and mango lassi!"

We squealed. "So yummy!"

The driver turns back and gives us a weird look.

We then went into a restaurant. Amyrah whined for the biryani, while I whined for the roasted chicken.

Guess what?

Due to our excitement we ordered way different than our dream food.

Spicy vegetable fried rice with boiled egg.

Long story short, we saw our misfortune and cried. Alot. All the way to the village.

***