31. Isolation

~ If you get tired, learn to rest. Not to quit.

Amyrah

The heavy breathing of four humans inside the car could be heard loud and clear. The sheer panic, causing the heartbeats to increase double the usual. With only one thought, 'all alone with just nothing.' We could see a board hanging with a few lopsided letters. Milan's moor. A place of isolation.

After Rumaan had left with the keys, all we did was simply sit and stare. Snapping back to reality, we opened our mouth, only to find that a single word didn't leave from it.

"Hey..." I broke the silence.

"What happened?" Zehra murmured in a daze.

Humaira replied blankly, "We are in a haunted place, alone."

"Let's call the police?" Zehra asked quietly. I replied back softly, "No, first I'll call Ammar." We spoke so quietly, scared out of our wits.

The phone rang and rang, but there was no answer. I kept calling ten times, but only to be heard with a keek keek sound. Why isn't he answering?

"Um.. no answer!" I said panicking. I heard Bushra's quiet whimper saying, "We are done for."

Then all four of us started calling each one of our family members, but none of them answered. It was then it all clicked. Our phone's had no signal. It couldn't connect any call.

It was then the real panick started. "Oh my Allah!"

"Help! Help!"

We all screamed hysterically, banging on the car doors and windows. After five minutes had passed, I realized that screaming and panicking was not an option. "Let's calm down and think for a while."

The others nodded while Bushra said crying, "We are going to... to die. It's over. Aaah! Help!" We all shot her a death glare. Humaira whispered harshly, "Bushra, if you don't shut up, we will leave you here. Alone." With that she stamp her mouth shut.

My mind was in a hysterical state. What just happened? We just wanted to go shopping. Was this all a plan? How could Rumaan do that? What's wrong with him?

"I can't believe your going to be husband did that!" Zehra said warily.

Going to be husband?

Never.

Ever.

I inhaled sharply. Calm down, Amyrah. Calm down. Why? Why? Ya Allah, why is my heart breaking thinking of Rumaan? Why did he do that? Where is he right now?

We just sat inside the car, our mind in all kinds of horror. Then out of the blue my phone rang. We all jumped, our heart racing and our faces turning pale. I groaned, calming down once again. Just a phone call. Take a deep breath. Calm down.

Snatching the phone I answered, but just as I did the call was cut. No, no, no! The others stared with anticipation looking at me hopefully. I frowned, shaking my head. Just then Zehra's phone rang, making her face glow with happiness. After she answered, "Hello? Zameer? Hey!?" Her face paled once again. The call was cut. Why? How?

No service. Please try again later.

Please try again later.

That was what the phone had been saying all the times we had taken a call. Our hearts crushed. We were so shocked and scared that we forgot to even blink.