17. Where are you?

~Yersterday is heavy, put it down.

Zameer

Grabbing the car keys, I ran down the stairs. I saw mom and her husband in the kitchen talking cheerfully. Yet again I felt anger rising within me, it was all that stupid man's fault. I stormed out of the house.

"Zameer!"

"What?" I groaned, mom is such a pain.

"Why didn't you take Zehra with you?" mom asked angrily. I am not that little boy who gets afraid of her little anger. I had no feelings toward them, it had all vanished years ago. She was just my mother and I was someone who she gave birth to. Mutual.

I went closer to them and looked at her husband mockingly, "Why didn't you? Hadn't you promised to look after us like a dad? So you could have dropped her, coz if my dad was here, he would have."

"Learn to speak," her husband said warily.

"Well, well, look who's speaking," I mocked.

He pushed his chair away. Before I could realize what's he about to do, I felt my cheek sting.

Did he just slap me?

"Then as a dad, I have the right to correct my son too. Don't you dare talk to me like that!" saying that he left the house.

I was shocked. Beyond shocked. I smirked, wiping the corner of my lips. Oh how delusional this is! My anger grew, I slammed my hand on the table, the vase fell, the plates rolled, the glass shattered, my hand bled, but the only thing I noticed was the cry of alarm that escaped mom's lips and the slight drop of blood that seeped from her forehead, due to the glass pieces that scattered.

After a few minuites of staring, I went to the kitchen, took out some ice and wrapped it in a cloth. Then taking long strides toward her I pressed the cloth on her forehead. She stared at me. After a few seconds, I threw the ice on the floor and left.

I sat in the car. Heck! I didn't mean to hurt her. Why do I end up hurting everyone?

I hate myself! I hate everyone! I was always just a lonely soul in this stupid world.

I buried my face in my palms.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I grasped my hair tight.

Aren't I pathetic?

I took off, going at a high speed.

Forgetting that I ought to go to Ammar's waleema.

I sped, till I reached a destination.

My dad's home.

The childhood home I grew in. The place of arguments and sadness.

I hated this place, still I come here, always.

I went near the front door, leaning against it, my body in a sweat, I slumped, sliding down from the door.

Dad, why'd you run away? Where are you? I internally screamed, frustrated.

I sat there for what seemed like hours, I breathed and let myself consume the past of ten years ago, again.

Flashback

The 14 year old ran out of the house, cursing under his breath, 'How dare she? I hate mom! I hate Zehra. How could she do that? She promised to stay with me always.'

'I'll find dad, then he will take care of everything. He's my hero. My dad. Only mine. Even Zehra betrayed him. I am sure he'll say that he is proud of me, his son.' The boy thought proudly.