53. Fights & quarrels

~ You are amazing. You are important. You are special. You are unique. You are precious. You are loved. You are you.

"You are one who boosts my confidence to write, My gorgeous reader!" ~Me😌😹

Shehzad

"Finally time to go home!" I mumbled exasperated.

"Mr. Malik!!"

Oh shoot. "Um... hi?"

"Another patient has just come in. Should I let him in or tell him to come back tomorrow?" My father's manager asks.

I sigh. "Send him in."

This week was going to be really a busy one for me. As my dad has some other work to be done, I had to tend to all these patients myself, not alone of course, with all the nurses and my dad's manager, just in case.

A little boy comes in with his dad. I smile at them.

"Sir, you are Doctor Hisham right? I've been calling you for weeks! I've heard that you are a specialist in dental implants! I and my family are very new to this city, we have no idea who you were! And God! You are such a young one! Are you married by any chance? I hope not! My cousin who's only twenty four is looking for a handsome and great man! You sure are the one for her!"

He speaks non stop and then finally breaths.

"Um... actually I----" I begin calmly.

"Or forget about that! I'll just tell my relatives to call you and ask for your hand. That was not why I came here though! My son has some serious tooth ache! Like it hurts really bad! He screams as well. I guess he has some cavity something! Please treat it. Also---"

"Please let me speak first! I---"

"Doctor! You do something for my son's tooth first, then YOU SPEAK! Pah! Doctor's these days. I will reconsider letting you marry my cousin. See how you speak to an elderly man! Pah! Pah! Doctor---"

"Sir, I----"

"Ah there, easy boy easy! I won't say anything bad about you to them! Don't worry! But now stop all the nonsense and cure my son! Pah! These doctors!"

"I AM SHEHZAD."

"Huh."

I resist my urge to glare at him.

He steps back.
Another step back.
Another.
"Uh. Uh. Sonny, let's run."

And with that, they ran.

.........

!!!!?

Life, Shehzad, life.

***

After a tiring day, I went home, my eyes almost closing with exhaustion.

Only to be met with a crying Bushra.

"Shezy!!!! You are back! I was calling you for almost two hours! Seriously, don't you have any manners!? You should have just texted me that you were going to be late! I even made dinner for you!" She cries, hugging me.