10. Secrets unfold

~Thank you for the pain, it made me raise my game.

Amyrah

The car stopped at the destination in front of a big board with the letters Hagards International Girls' School.

I was extremely quiet, after that so-called idiotic driver intervened in our talk.

Being nervous was not an option; as usual my friends were laughing like maniacs and so my nervousness flew away to the next city. Uh..if that makes any sense. And then the guy..uh..driver opened the door grinning like he won the lottery. Without a single glance at him I went inside the building, my friends right behind.

"All the best!" the three of them whispered, while I tightened my fist in my abaya and with a tight smile, went inside the principal's office.

"Assalamu Alaikum, Ma'am."

"Walaikum salam, you are the one who wishes to teach Islamic studies and Mathematics right? Take a seat."

I nodded with a small smile. She looked around the age of 50 with huge glasses and an expressionless face. Typical principal.

"Why are you here?" she questioned, um..what am I to say? After a quick debate in my mind I said with a nervous laugh, "Because I was called for an interview..uh.. you know?"

"I am the one supposed to ask you questions, not the other way round," she said, tapping the desk loudly with a pen. I frowned hating the sound of it, but quickly masked it off saying,

"Yeah yeah.. I mean ... obviously.. sure..you know? hehe."

She didn't look impressed, rather snorted.

"Here," She said nodding and stretching her hand which held a paper.

I looked at her blankly, then at the paper and back at her hand still stretched waiting for me to take it. She glared at me. I quickly grabbed it and gave her an innocent smile saying, "Thank you."

"I didn't give you a present for you to thank me, it's a registration form, so fill it and then we can decide whether you are qualified for this job," saying that she left the room, banging the door with a thud.

Geez.. no wonder this school isn't developing. Is she even a principal? Another reason why I agree with the quote, "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

I took out a pen and started filling it.

Name : Amyrah Rasheed
Age : 18 (will be 19 in a few months)
● School attended : Keystroke International
Gender : female

The other few questions were as simple as these. And then came the hardest part..time for creative writing!

Qualifications : Studied at a boarding school and passed with flying colours. Was one of the best student and a prefect who was awarded many times for all her good attributes. Loved by all the students and staff. An all-rounder in academic and co-curricular activities. Praised for her intelligence, beauty and innocence.

Reasons for applying for this post : As a child, I've always dreamt of teaching. Today I am confident that I will be able to achieve my dream. I am very knowledgeable in these two streams and almost all the children love me. I will maintain a peaceful relationship with the students and myself. In this way there would be no conflicts and I will be able to do my duties to the best of my abilities.

With a satisfied smile, I signed it and happily handed it over to the --uh--principal who entered just a few seconds ago. She said I will be given the results in a few days and then with a shake of her hand, I was dismissed.