23. Chaos with friendship

A/N : 👆🏻The above beautiful cover plus the present one is made by Conai_ani. Give her an applause of appreciation with your wonderful comments!🤭❤

~*~

~ They start missing you when they fail to replace you.

Amyrah

Rumaan Jaward Siddique.

A name that might haunt me for a lifetime, if I let it. So I won't, which means I will NOT marry him. After we had been introduced, all I did was sit and stare at him mutely. And did nothing, except that. All my stupid plans and steps to drive him away, had come crashing down. Pathetic!

Rolling on the bed for the past three hours, all I could do was glance at the clock which showed 2 am. Pulling my blanket closer, I curled into a ball,  closing my eyes and cuddled into my pillows, my mind in a haze.

That night I dreamt about Rumaan Jaward Siddique. The one and only. How his black eyes looked. How he bit his nails, not caring that I've been intensely watching him. Just as he was about to go, how his eyes pleaded to mine, looking so vulnerable, there was no life, no energy, no happiness, no peace in them. I shivered with restlessness.

How I wish I could grant him his tranquility.

***

Snapping out of my thoughts, I glared at my phone angrily. There wasn't a single thing to do in it. Glaring at all the things that come across my way, including Ammar, who was busy in staring at his wife.

"Stupid! Can you just close your eyes and go do some work." I grumbled angrily.

He glared back and said, "Get lost." Then turning to her again. I had an urge to smack his head or pull his hair. Very harshly. I kicked the chair that was in my way, glaring at it, till I was sure it would drill a hole in it.

Sitting back in my room, I changed my thoughts, thinking about how much Shehzad hates me. Why does he, anyway? Well Amyrah, why won't he? As if you've even spoken to him, duh! And how I wished I could glare at Zameer. Yep glare.

Thinking didn't help, so I happily group-called my friends. They took such a long time to answer. Taking a deep sigh I muttered, "Can't you'll answer sooner? Idiots."

"Mornin' to you too," Zehra grumbled.

"What happened? I mean with you and your... you know who," Humaira teased.

"Oh yeah. Lemme tell you." And then I began narrating my whole story, and suddenly laughed.

"It isn't that funny," Bushra commented, while others agreed. "Whatever," I said, my anger rising again.

"Did Zameer pick you up the other day?" Zehra asked suddenly. Zameer? I shrugged, "Nah."

"Uh.. how's Zameer? I haven't seen him for a long time," Bushra murmured. Huh...

"What bothers you?" Zehra asked irritated.

"Just asking! Haven't seen him," Bushra answered, stiffly.

Then Humaira asked boringly, "Zehra, so what if she asks?"

"I didn't speak with you, dumbo."

"Oh c'mon, Zameer's doing fine, right?" I said shrugging. What's the big deal?