Bonus Chapter 01

Zehra

Zehra

Days and months flew by, with Bushra almost nine months pregnant, and Amyrah two months pregnant.

Life was hectic.

Today there was a small party in my cousin's house. Mama, dad and I will be going, and so will big brother and Amyrah, I think. Because Zameer---

"Zam! I want to go!"

"No, love! You are pregnant. You shouldn't get tired unnecessarily!"

"If you don't let me go, then I'll clean the house the whole day!"

----And this was life. Zameer and Amyrah yelling and romantacizing every minute of the day.

Thankfully Zameer goes to work in the morning and comes back late in the evening. Him being here gives me a headache, due to his screams.

I think they don't know the meaning of speaking!?

***

With a last touch of eye liner and a pink lip gloss, I put my one inch healed rose gold sandal. Turning to the mirror, I ran a hand through the delicate silk of my evening gown, and with one final glance, I left the room.

"Masha Allah, you look very pretty, Zehra!" Dad beamed at me.

I smiled embarassed. I wasn't used to compliments, mainly from males, though dad never made me felt uncomfortable, end of the day he is my step dad. Zameer never complimented me, and neither does mama. Only all the desi aunties mutter their praises, and I be like, "Thanks?"

Long story short, I always blush at their compliments, even though I don't take it to heart.

"Wohooo! Zehra! You are looking so pretty! Now tell me how do I look? Do I look fat? Is my make up okay?" Amyrah grabbed my hands and grinned gleefully.

"Thanks. Nope, you are looking beautiful, Amyrah."

Well, not like I was going to tell her that she had actually become chubby, but she was cute.

Zameer comes near Amyrah, and I heard him whispering, "Love, I told na you are beautiful, I won't lie."

Amyrah whispered back. "I know you won't, Zam darling, but you know na I love you and----"

I rolled my eyes and moved away from them. Like seriously guys, give it a break!

Well, I'm glad they are getting along. Anything is fine as long as they are happy, right?

***

The atmosphere changes, just as we step inside the house. I felt very conscious of myself. Am I looking okay? Is my hijab wrapped properly? Is my dress wrinkled? Questions roamed through my thoughts.