15. The END??

~What's to come is better than what's gone.

Amyrah

Looking outside the window, there was nothing but moon speckled darkness, at least it was not the kind of utter blackness that swallowed a person whole, it was instead a shadowy world painted in grey-scale; pulling my shawl closer, I breathed a dreamy smile, thinking of what happened in the past few hours.

The function had all but gone smoothly. The continuous bickering of Humaira and my so called sister-in-law's brother or is it safer to say the smirking guy? Yep, all he did mostly was just that. Except for once when he smiled at Zehra and she'd gone scarlet. When I had asked her whether she was fine, she turned even scarletter..uh..I mean redder, I wonder why?

Some of my relatives had spoken with us, except for my dear cousins, Yazid and his two sisters who for some reason avoided me like a plague, after the uneventful shopping hysteria.

And not to forget, the worst of all human beings, Zehra's brother, whom I resented from the core of my heart, had arrived presenting us with his royal creepiness, sending cheeky grins. My brother seemed to understand the situation, but in a way, far very different from mine.

"So Zameer, I haven't heard from you for a long time. Tell me what job are you working on?" Ammar had asked him. Though I acted as if I am not paying attention, in reality my full focus had been on their conversation.

"Yea bro, workin' on a Printer's company enterprises. How ya doin'?" He said sarcastically.

Obviously, I doubt he's even working. Such a lazy and rich dumbo.

"Hm.. I am good. How old are you exactly?" I could tell that my brother spoke rolling his eyes. He does that when something annoys him.

"Twenty-four."

"So any siblings?"

"Sister," he replied plainly.

"Age?"

"Bro! Why these questions?"

"I am just..uh..matchmaking?" Ammar muttered.

"Seriously Ammar? Oh my Lord! Are you not happy with this marriage!?" Zameer asked shocked.

Huh?

"What? Why?" Ammar asked confused.

"I get it now! Why didn't you tell me about it? You're in love with my sister right?" Zameer had whisper-yelled which made me choke on my drink.

"What the heck!??" Ammar shouted, for which people gave him weird looks.

"Calm down bro."

"What's happening?" Another male voice asked. I didn't turn backwards to see who was it, I knew that voice.

Shehzad.

"He loves my sister," Zameer said blankly.

"What? No way! but your wife? Today is your wedding, how is this possible? Asthaghfirullah! Okay, calm down. The only thing you can do is just forget this girl--uh--his sister and start loving your wife, now she's your responsibility," Shehzad had blabbered, his voice coated with pity, "Don't worry, everything will be--"

"Excuse me? Are you guys mad or am I loosing my mind?" Ammar asked gritting his teeth.

"Nah bro, you are just imagining things," Zameer said bursting into laughter, while the other two looked blankly at him, "Look at your faces.. hahaa.. this is so hilarious.. I can't..hahaha!"