30. The search party

~ Spend more time with people who brings out the best in you, not the stress in you.

Zameer

One minute we were all laughing like total idiots and the next, it's a total chaos. To sum it up, Shehzad speaks unbelievable words. Imagine my surprise right now.

"What!? She can't marry him!"

We all looked at Shehzad like he's grown two heads. Okay, so Ammar says that he, whoever that is, isn't suitable for Amyrah, but why in the world should Shehzad interfere!? Okay, even I don't want her to get married, but still... uh whatever.

I recalled our conversation, when I'd asked Shehzad what if this marriage dosen't work and he'd said that he'll marry Amyrah. Was he serious? I gaped at him, speaking with my eye to stop this stupid scenario.

"You! I know you!" the so called Amyrah's going-to-be husband who-ran-away's mother shouted. "You are the doctor's son! Oh Lord. No.."

Shehzad nodded and narrowed his eyes at the two of them. What in the world is happening!?

"Please, my son is innocent. As a mother, I also dream of my son getting married and living happily. He's my only son. Don't let them know," she cried, pleading and holding her husband's hands, who said quietly, "I told you, Yasmine. This is wrong."

Am. I. Loosing. My. Mind?

"Mrs. Siddique, you know very well the consequences if this marriage takes place. Your son isn't mentally stable," Shehzad said, shifting his foot uncomfortably. Something he does because of too much attention. Wait, why is he trying to act like a Romeo!?

"Shehzad!" I whisper-yelled.

Then Ammar asked, "Care to tell us what's happening, Shehzad? What do you mean mentally stable!?"

I noticed Shehzad looking more and more uncomfortable. He kept on raking his hand over his hair, shifting his foot and looking almost like a tomato... no make that strawberry. Uh..uh.. I had to do something.

I clapped my hands dramatically and asked, "Ammar, you said something about the girls? What exactly happened?"

"Oh my gosh, we totally forgot about that!" He exclaimed.

"Amyrah! Don't let anything happen to her!" Ammar's mother said hysterically, while Rayzah tried to calm her down.

I hope she's safe. Oh Lord! Wait, girls!? "Who went with Amyrah?"

"Her friends," came Ammar's frantic reply. "She isn't answering! Mom! What should we do? Urghh!"

"I'll call Zehra!" I said. It rang for a few minutes, then abruptly got cut just after it was answered. "She cut the call!"

"They've been kidnapped!"

"This is your fault!" Shabnam aunty screamed pointing at the Amyrah's-never-to-be-husband's mother.

It is then Aahil spoke, something good for once, "Instead of panicking, we could trace their route and find the girls, but first it's better to find this so called groom or whatever his name is."

I realized this so called groom dosen't have a name. Uff. How should I call him? The so called groom who kidnapped his going to be wife and her friends? Or that guy with whom Shehzad has some kind of connection? Urgh! Too long. Then maybe Amyrah's secretive fiance? Or let it be just the boy who ran? No, he's not a boy. Then the groom who disappeared? I groaned.