21. Stupid hearts

~Silence is the best answer to someone who dosen't value your words.

Shehzad

"What's your hobby?" I spoke.

"Irritating you."

"That's why I hate you, Zamy."

"I know. I hate you too, Shehzu."

I glared at Zameer. I was trying to concentrate on my latest work, which is on the new patient with down syndrome, or so I thought.

According to dad, the patient had to be given a therapy, because he had undergone brain damage, which had caused severe internal bleeding in his childhood, but sadly hasn't been treated properly. Also as a teen, the patient had suffered from depression, a lot; due to an accident at the age of thirteen, which caused the loss of his two siblings. I felt immense sorrow hearing it.

And Zameer being Zameer, was bored. So he has blessed me with his royal presence. That's why I'd thought to have a conversation with him, rather than him staring at me for hours, but as usual it's nowhere near success.

"Watcha thinking Shehzu?" Zameer asked, yawning.

"About him," I pointed to the patient's file.

Rumaan Jaward Siddique

- Son of Mr. & Mrs. J. Siddique  (owner of the IFR Textile Company, PVT)
- 27 years old
- Citizens of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

"Are you in love with him?" Zameer exclaimed.

He dosen't take anything seriously, does he? I simply ignored him.

"I've heard the name," he continued mumbling. "I wish my name was something like that, wouldn't it be nice if mine was Zameer Zaaman Zareen Zafay? I bet girls would probably faint hearing it. Just think... wow!" Is he for real?

"Can you just shut up? Be gateful that wasn't your name, because then there wouldn't be a single female left," I grumbled.

Thankfully before he could speak another word, my phone rang.

"Shehzii!" The voice said. What's with people calling me with such awful names? Shehzu, Shehzii, urgh.. if this keeps on, this might even change into Zi or worst of all Shi. No Way!

"Hey! School was over half an hour ago. Why aren't you here to pick me yet?" She spoke again.

"Oh gosh. I totally forgot. I'll be right there Shahla."

And so I hurried to her school, without a single glance at Zameer.

Hagards International Girls' school.

Stopping the car at the front gate, I craned my neck searching for my sister. I saw her chatting happily with another girl, who wasn't wearing a uniform though, is she a teacher? Since when did Shahla speak with teachers?

I think I've seen her somewhere. I couldn't see her face, but I knew. I knew her.

Amyrah.