06. A stranger's encounter

~ Sometimes when things are falling apart they may actually be falling into place.

Amyrah

I kept admiring my beautiful dress while my cousins were a bit... I don't know. Maybe they were jealous. "I know you guys must be envious huh? Don't worry we can buy something similar."

"Mm...it's okay, actually not at all interested," Ilma muttered.

"Hm.." I hummed still grinning goofily at the dress.

"I think we should go?" Sarah asked nervously.

No way. "You guys go and call Ammar here, while I keep watch, what if someone steals this?" I smiled, my hands touching the silky fabric.

"O..ok..ay," Sarah muttered still looking at me as if I am a ghost. Yaaar.. what did I do? I mentally shrugged while they left.

Urgh I was alone.. I shouldn't have let them go!

"Isn't that cute, big brother? Let's buy that frock," I heard a cute girly voice. Oh my Allah! Someone's coming. I quickly hid behind the hangers filled with -- wait--what--eh-- maternity clothing...

"Sure, buy it if you like," a not-so-rough male voice said.

A beautiful voice, indeed. What!?

"Hey! Look at that...that would be the correct size for sis," the girly voice said, giggling.

"Hey..don't say that!" the male voice said laughing, "But yeah, let's go and check it."

Phew! I sighed.. finally they'll be going. 'Hang in there dressy..'

I heard a sound, clothes are being moved. Hangers clinking. The sound was too close. 'I better get out of here' I thought.

"Look! This is cool," once again the girl spoke. Oh darling, how I wish you would just shut up and leave.

"Hey, Not so fast!" the beautiful voice said. I mean, the male voice said.

The dresses shook. The hangers disappeared. I was about to run, but luck wasn't on my side. The maternity clothes fell.

I stood there in a daze. Where are all the clothing? Oh my--

All the clothes were replaced by two pairs of eyes staring at me.

Run.

Run.

My mind told me.

But all I could do was stare.

They opened their mouths and closed it like fish, I realized that I did the same. The only thing that left our mouth was,

"Aaaah."
"Amazing!"
"A girl!"

I quickly looked away, while the so called guy looked down embarrassed and the girl looked at me as if I was some sort of magical thing. Heh!

"What in the world is this!?" A salesman screamed.

I looked around and found all the hangers on the floor with the maternity clothes splattered everywhere.

"Customers these days," he said, whilst collecting the clothes while we just stood there wondering what the heck is going on?

"What are you'll looking at? Help me," he glared and muttered, "bratty teenagers."

The guy was the first to react. "We are so sorry...sorry..really sorry," he kept muttering apologies under his breath.

I just stood there while the two of them helped. Anyway it wasn't my fault. After recovering from the shock, I just shrugged and searched for my dress aka love.

But then I realized that it was nowhere to be seen. I panicked. Oh my beloved! Where are you?

It was fallen right next to the so called guy. I grinned madly and thought, 'Oh! There you are my love, I was worried!'

It was then I saw the guy's face, it was surely one of a kind, a crimson face with astonished brown eyes. The girl looked completely baffled while the salesman smirked and said, "Love is in the air."

Wait..did I.. say it aloud?

Oh my gosh..

"No..noitsnotwhatyouthink" I suttered. No wonder the guy looked about to pass out, he assumed I said it to him. Hayee..Ya Allah!

"Amyrah! what the..," I saw my cousin brother (Sarah and Ilma's brother) looking shocked. One look at his face and I could say he had seen what happened. Why did he have to come at this time! I was sure he must be assuming things.

I just kept my cool with my head high, went near to the guy who was practically seething, picked up my dress and left.

But not before I heard the guy saying, "Unbelievable!"

As he said that my smile grew, I raised my chin and proudly left from there.

I went out of the store, my cousin brother whose name was still a mystery, following me. I should ask him his name, I thought.

"Uh... Amyrah.. I am sure what I just saw must have a good reason?" he asked looking a bit unsure.

"Hehe.." I giggled.

"Mmm..uh.."

"What's your name?"

"What? I mean huh? Uh.. Yaazid."

"Oh! Yaazid," I said happy that finally I get to know his name.

Well, bad move.

I saw Sarah and Ilma looking shocked and exchanged looks thinking of who knows what. Why do these people appear in the wrong time? Geez.

"Hey! Where's Ammar?"

"Here," came his voice.

I went towards him while the other three followed, we went to the counter and I happily carried my dress in a separate bag.

The ride back home was quiet. My cousins didn't speak a single word, I don't know why!

We went home in uncle's van after dropping my cousins in their house.

I directly went to my room with my dress in my arms, of course. After having a shower, I changed and prayed.

After which I once again went downstairs and grabbed a handful of cashew nuts, much to the surprise of my family and left to my room.

I sat on my bed, switching on the phone, I was about to call my friends, when a yawn escaped my mouth. I looked at the bed and back at the phone, I realized my bed and pillows looked more tempting than the phone, so I snuggled in them and slept...like a log.

☆☆☆

A/N

Assalamu Alaikum, hope u liked the chap.

Vote & Comment!
Loads of love😘 👋🏻

Vote & Comment!Loads of love😘 👋🏻

Any nuts?
Er..sorry any nut lovers?