39. My Halaal Lover!?

~ The world is changed by your example not by your opinion.

Bushra

Flipping through the pages of my psychology book, my eyes narrowed with concentration, but the image of a someone's shy kinda blushing face kept distracting me. None other than---

Zzzzzzzzz!!!

Murmuring a few unpleasant words, I grabbed the phone, answering the stupid call.

"Always disturbing me!" I groaned into the phone.

"Salaams Bushra. Enough sleeping! Don't forget to buy all the stuff by tomorrow. Bye. See ya in two days." Zehra yelled into the phone and before I could reply, she cut the call.

Stupid human.

As the day after tomorrow was Amyrah's birthday, we had planned a surprise for her. According to Humaira, this surprise is going to be a blast, but I think it's going to be the worst surprise ever. What can I say? My friends are weird.

We'd already bought all the stuff and kept it at my house. Day after tomorrow at 1pm either Zehra's brother or driver will be coming to pick us.

Zameer.

He is just like an ideal---

"Bushra!! How could you betray me!?"

Eh? My mother's scream made me snap out of my thoughts. Another drama.

Sighing, I walked to the living room wondering what the big commotion was all about.

My eyes popped out in shock seeing the view.

A blue coloured thick notebook lay in my mother's hand, who was looking at it with utter surprise while my father's face had an amusing look. Oh my Allah! No!!

I've been writing a story on it, hoping to publish it on wattpad one day. The title being My Halaal Lover and here my parents are reading it! This is a nightmare!

"Mamma! Give that back!" I yelled running towards her.

"Bushra darliingg," She mimicked in a threatening voice. Looking at Abbu she continued, "Do you know what your daughter has done!?"

"Mamma, it's not what you think it is!"

"What is it about, Fariha?" Abbu asked mama to which she glared at me and opening the notebook said tearily, "Listen to this!"

"Wait! No!" I cried, but she became deaf to my scream.

Then started reading angrily, "My heart pumped with excitement. My cheeks flushed red. Eyes looking at him with anticipation. I took a step forward while he did the same, his eyes full of emotion, the diamond in his hand shining in the moonlit night---"

"Diamond! Who? When? How?" Abbu asked, his eyes widened.

"Mama, Abbu!!" I cried, while they didn't even notice me there.

"This is what I am telling. Someone proposed her! How can I face Azzy now!? That boy he's such a sweetheart, and here our daughter has cheated on us..." mama began tearily.