57. New tension

~ "In a sea of people, my eyes will always be searching for you."

Amyrah

I woke up in the middle of the night with a painful headache. I grimaced. The cool night breeze whistled, blowing lightly through my clothes. The sky was deep, clear blue and the moonlight reflected on our window. I could feel the softness of the breeze making my hands and feet quiver.

I searched for the blanket and as usual it was in the floor.
How?
Zameer and I have a very bad kicking habit while sleeping.

I picked it up and neatly covered it around the two of us. Turning to my right I saw Zameer sleeping on his stomach, few snores emitting from his mouth.

I tapped him. "Zameer. I'm having a headache."

As usual no reply. I tapped him again and spoke, "What am I supposed to do? Can you give me a head massage? But of course you're sleeping. Even my eyes hurt now. Should I take medicine? But no, we shouldn't have medicines on an empty stomach. Oh, look at the time. It's almost three. I bet the sky looks beautiful. Shall we go to the balcony? We can watch the stars twinkle till our eyes close. It would be so memorable. Oh Zameer, you look so darn cute, but I would never admit it."

I closed my eyes. The calmness of the night eerie. I snuggled closer inside the blanket.

"Oh Zameer. I have a very bad feeling... a very bad one."

***

"Amyrah, wake up!"

"Lemme sleep, Zameer. Go away." I glared at him and went back to sleep.

Oh how the tables have turned.

"It's almost noon now. Get up! We have to pack our stuffs. We are going to the moon tomorrow remember?" Zameer pulled the blanket away and tossed it on the floor.

I jumped off the bed. Zameer quickly backed away, thinking that I am going to hit him... maybe?

I smirked, "Fine, I'm going to have a shower now. Arrange and clean the room before I come."

His mouth hung open while I sashayed inside the bathroom.

Urgh. My head hurts.

***

"Zameer!" I yelled from the bathroom. "Get out of the room I have to change!"

"Geez, woman! Don't order me around!"

"Don't call me woman!"

I heard the door banging. Ouch. My head ached even more now.

I wiped my hair and let it flow back messily. A few curly locks falling to my face. I dressed up in a casual full sleeved maroon top which reached my knee and a slim black pant. Then draped my shawl which was black with red embroidery and placed it neatly around my shoulders. I put on a necklace and tightened my earrings, which is always on my ear.

As aunt says--- a newly wed must wear a gold ring, necklace, earring, bangles--- geez.

My legs and hands felt cold. The weather had turned gloomy. A perfect time to sleep. Eh.