54

Finally, he's here!

Oh, by the way, I have something planned for the Goldy Pond arc, so, once I get to write my ideas out, I hope you'll like them, too :))

Anyways, stay safe and enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emma Pov:

I noticed something moving behind me, and turned around, calling out: "Ray, (Y/N), look! Something's happening!" I stopped in front of the entrance, saying: "Here it is..." With that, Ray opened it, and we were able to see a ladder going down. "It was really here, after all..." "He wasn't lying!" said the children, clearly relieved. I smiled at hem, saying: "Let's go!" This is it. B06-32, the place where Minerva is waiting...

As I got down, I held the lantern we made using those glowing flowers. "Finally! Just a bit more." said Lanni, making me nod, saying: "Yes." We waited patiently for the rest of them to get down, with Ray being the last one.

Walking around the underground base, we noticed many, many doors with different numbers on them. "This is... and underground shelter for human beings...?" asked Ray. "There's something making noise." noted (Y/N), making me look at her. I then turned to look at the door she was pointing at, all of us staying quiet. She's right... I hesitated, then decided to knock on the door, opening it shortly after.

"Hi there." said a male, his deep voice quite intimidating. Our eyes all widened as we stared at the man. He has black hair, with white stripes in them. The coat he was wearing was closed, and he had his feet on the desk, a cookie in one hand and a cup of tea in the other. That's... a human being. Is he really... Is he really William Minerva? He said: "You've come a long way. Congrats... And welcome to shelter B06-32."

(Y/N) Pov:

"Are you Minerva?" asked Emma, basically voicing all of our thoughts. The man let his eyes fly over all of us before saying: "Nope." At that, our eyes widened. If that man right here isn't Minerva-san, is he a helper? An ally? Or... Could it be that he's someone completely else? He stuffed a cookie into his mouth, saying: "Too bad for you, kids. I'm not William Minerva."

Ray stepped forwards, saying: "Then please call him. We came all the way here in order to meet Minerva." "He ain't here, chum!" We gasped lightly. "What a shame, huh? No Minervas around here, at all." This is... This isn't true, is it? But... I did think of this possibility. It's fine. Just as Ray said, we'll deal with it. We'll find a way through, so...

This time, it was me who stepped forwards, taking all of my courage to ask: "Wh-Where is Minerva-san r-right now?" I could cry out at all of my stuttering, but decided to ignore it. Ray supported my question by adding: "Clearly, you know of Minerva, too. We need more information." "No idea, man!" called the man, leaning back in his chair to laugh at us.

"Wh-Who are you, mister?" I asked, not deciding to step back anytime soon. "Who am I?!" he asked, pulling out a pen I'd recognize everywhere. "I'm your senior." he answered, smirking as if he just won a round of tag. "It's the same pen..." noted Alicia, frantically pointing at it. "Senior?" asked Marc, tilting his head in question.

The man stood up, saying: "Yup. Well, not from Grace Field, at any rate." He pulled a part of his shirt up, showing off a strange code. ETR3M8. Is that another farm's marking? I brought my hand up to the side of my neck, where the number 84194 was engraved on. The man put his shirt back down, saying: "I come from a plantation called Glory Bell. I escaped it 13 year ago with my colleagues. And thanks to this pen."

The children noted that he was an escapee, just like we were. "That's right. I'm just the same as you. Ended up here while searching for Minerva." So he escaped 13 years ago... Glory Bell. That's probably a premium plantation. 13 years... And he's still here. "However..." he said, catching my attention. "When I finally reached the place for real, Minerva wasn't around. I waited for him a hella long time, ended up living here, and no trace of the man. No way around it, man's a dirty liar."

"See?!" cried Chris, Marc, and Alicia, making me tense up slightly. "Though I gotta say I'm grateful for this shelter, y'know? There's a stock of water and food, running electricity... Plenty of living space, too... Everything's provided for. And a lot of material about the world, and valuable information." he explained, smiling a little bit as he told us all of that. I tilted my head slightly, noting: "B-But if you lived here for 13 years, a-and no Demon ever found this shelter, then M-Minerva-san isn't a liar."

He glared at me, saying: "Shut it, stutter." I was taken back by his sudden change of tone, but decided that today was the day that I needed to overcome my shyness. If we're going to survive out here, I can't just keep on stuttering around, right? I glared at him, my (e/c) eyes staring right into his soul. Emma, deciding to step in, put a hand on my shoulder, asking the man: "Say, where's the rest of your group, then?"

"Dead. All of 'em. I'm the only survivor." At that answer, my eyes widened, the glare ceasing to exist within seconds. I glanced over my shoulder, taking a quick look at Ray. I don't even want to imagine losing him or anyone else... All of us were clearly sad for him, so he quickly said: "Ah- come on, don't get so gloomy now! It all happened a long time ago." But that's still... "And I gave up looking for Minerva a long time ago, too. Now I'm just taking my time and having it easy." he added, his cool act up again.

"Wha- You gave up, mister?" asked Chris, eyeing the man with wide eyes. "What's up with you guys, though? What sorta group are you?" "We're-" started Don, but the man quickly said: "Hold it. You're from Grace Field, and the 16 of you escaped seven days ago. That much is clear enough. A glance at this and it was obvious." He pointed to the side of his neck, where our numbers were on ours. He must have some sort of security system down here. Or he was there when we escaped. How else would he know when exactly we escaped?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/671669731908399068/