63

Just a(nother) thank you note!

We've reached 150k reads on this book, and I really am speechless.

I just love writing this story, and it makes me really, really, really happy to see that you guys like it, too!

So, thank you for that, and I wish all of you an amazing day / night / or whatever :)

Hope you'll enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

'Mister' Pov:

I know what you all are thinking about. You want to watch me closely, then copy everything the way I do it. But I have to admit, they're not all that bad. Until now, at least.

It would take a lot of work to shake them off. Just dispatch them? It's easier outside. And with these three down, it'd be a lot easier to retake the shelter. What to do? Take up this chance and murder the hell out of 'em?

I kinda wanted to show them the hell of the real world and shut them up. Let all of them die and come up with some lame-ass excuse, then take back my shelter. That was my plan, but that glasses girl became a huge pain in the ass.

As it is, I guess I should guide them to the real thing. Up to the point where that hell eats one or two of them alive. Who of you will die out there? It's decided. So, which one of ya should I kill, when, and where...?

(Y/N) Pov:

I was panting quite heavily, struggling to stay standing. This was just the way to the forest? No way am I going to make it... No, I have to. I knew it would be awfully hard, but I don't have another chance. I'll just stick to watching and copying Mister. That's the best that we can do.

"Not a bad pace. Wasteland's done. We'll aim for a four day trip. Our goal is A08-63, Goldy Pond." said Mister, turning around to look at us. "If you were to fool around and waste time, you could also go through this super long, winding track, which takes three weeks but is easier and safer."

He smirked a little, continuing: "But I don't wanna. Out of the question. Get some water down yer throats. First comes this forest. It's where the packs of man-eaters nest. They see you, you die. Let's go and clear it before sunset."

I looked over at Emma, then at Ray. We all shared the same thoughts. We can do this! I took a big sip of my water, putting it away right after that. We can't go back now. We're going to reach Goldy Pond in at least four days. And I already have a strategy against bigger groups of Demons. We can do this!

We kept a lower pace, observing our surroundings closely, while also keeping an eye on Mister. "In this forest, there's no end to them. The ones in this area, they're wild, but know how to form packs. They always keep in groups. Where there's one, there's more. On top of that, all varieties are very aggressive." he explained, gripping his weapon tightly.

"In other words, if you're seen, you're dead. They will call for more, and the band will fall on you. They will share the food together and crunch even your bones." At those words, our eyes widened. Not even our bones will remain...?

I grabbed Ray's hand, trying to calm myself again. Don't start overthinking now, it won't help... "I can think of only one way to survive an encounter. Kill the hell out of 'em before they can call for more. But twerps like you? Zero chance of pulling that off." noted Mister, glancing back at us before turning to look forwards.

I took a deep breath, focusing my thoughts. It's actually rather simple. Don't be spotted. It's like a game of tag with a Demon as 'it'. Don't leave a single hint to our whereabouts. Don't make any sound once they're near by. Don't lose your calm, or you'll be caught rather easily.

"It's like a game of tag." I said out loud, gaining the attention of the other three. "I-I mean, it's way deadlier, b-but it's the same concept..." Emma thought for a moment, saying: "You're right. We just have to adjust the rules to those Demons, but it's easier to think of it like that."

She then turned to face Ray, asking: "How long do we have?" He checker the watch, saying: "Maybe two hours before it gets dark." "I see. Let's do our best." "Yeah, the distance's not bad either. So far, the trip's been alright." noted Mister.

I stared at him, watching him intently. I know that he's been underestimating us. He now knows that we're very fast learners. We've been observing, analyzing, and acquiring his move sets. He's been trying more than once to fool us, but we obviously didn't fall for it.

"To the right." he said, but Ray had noticed the footprints of the Demon's on the ground, heading the other way. "Right, really?" he asked, receiving a blank look on Miser's face. "No, left." "Damn, you-!"

'Mister' Pov:

Got it. Antenna is probably the guide. Sleepy Head is the wits. Stutter is the last resort to anything, of what I've heard. In other words, Antenna is fundamentally more troublesome than anyone else. Sleepy Head is the one who basically lends a hand from the background. But the other one...

I can't really tell yet. Up until now, neither of them had to rely on her. But can she really pull the trigger if worse comes to worse? She doesn't seem to be the type to do it, but who knows? There is a reason why she's the last resort for them, after all.

I wonder... which one will shut up more when they see the others die?  How should I put it... Because this... this is friggin' boring. I readied my gun, ready to take on what was coming our way. This will be quite fun to watch.

3rd Person Pov:

"Emma, wh-what's wrong?" asked (Y/N), looking over at the orange haired girl with worry in her eyes. Emma only turned slightly, asking back: "Don't you feel it?" It was then that the younger girl knew what was happening. A Demon was approaching.

But from where would it attack? The three children kept silent, turning their heads to search for the Demon. None of them could've guessed where it finally showed up. It appeared seemingly out of nowhere, jumping down from above them.

Emma was quick to react, jumping away immediately. Ray did the same, pulling the (h/c) haired girl with him. They managed to dodge, stumbling over and both falling to the ground. In the meantime, Emma grabbed the rifle that Ray had been carrying, aiming it at the Demon.

For some reason, however, she hesitated to pull the trigger. And in those few, short seconds, the Demon got too close to her. She didn't even have the time to scream, or to blink. In that moment, she almost gave up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://fr.fanpop.com/clubs/the-promised-neverland/images/42717471/title/promised-neverland-photo/9