59

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to ask you something.

I got a request to write an AU version of this book where the reader gets shipped out instead of Norman.

My idea was to write it as a special chapter or two, if you guys want to read it, too.

So, if you want me to write it, please tell me so I can get started!

Okay, now onto the chapter!

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

3rd Person Pov:

Slamming the doors open, the man without a name stepped inside the room. The younger children were scared, all of them immediately running towards their older siblings to hide. "Yo." was all that the adult said, his stern gaze fixated on the three oldest among the children.

"Oh, I was waiting for you! Good morning, mister!" said Emma, smiling as usual at him. She then added: "Let's make a deal." But unbeknownst to her, he was holding a knife behind his back, hiding it from their view. "Let's start over! My name is Emma. What's yours?" "Get the hell out. I don't have to tell ya my name, and I don't want to." spat the man, glaring at the orange haired girl.

While the others gasped, Emma kept up her happy state. She was still smiling, saying: "Please, take a seat. Look, I'm sitting down... Gilda?" "Um, right." With that, Gilda rushed away. While she was sitting, Emma asked: "So, how are you feeling?" The man had a dark smirk on his face as he answered: "In a bad mood." "You must be hungry. I'm so sorry we had to tie you down like that. And for the cookies. To make up for it, we made you soup for breakfast."

Gilda handed Emma the bowl. Emma took a spoon full of it into her mouth, saying: "It's not poisoned. And it's not bad, either!" She then handed it to the man, who just looked at it for a few seconds, then put the bowl down. "But we got the temperature just right for you." was all that Emma said.

A bit behind her, (Y/N) held tightly onto Ray's hand with her own. She was clearly scared of the man. While she did manage to play it cool the other day, she knew that she definitely couldn't do that anymore. "R-Ray, behind his back..." she muttered out, noticing the way that he kept one of his arms hidden. Ray remained silent, only watching the man closely. He swore it to himself. He swore to never let that man endanger (Y/N) again.

"You know, this soup... It's all made with ingredients we brought ourselves. We're not a drain on your food supply. From now on, we'll make do with our own food sources. As for water, energy, and space... We'll make sure to keep our use to a minimum." said Emma, still smiling kindly at the man. He, however, scoffed, saying: "And you figure I'm sharing my shelter if you do that? No way. Get out."

"No, that's not it. This is all just courtesy so that we can start on the right foot. After all, I think you're not really worried about resource limits. Am I right?" The man only kept his gaze at her, not saying anything. Emma continued: "Let me get right to the point, then. We're going to meet with Minerva. And we'd like you to be our travel guide and bodyguard." "Guide and bodyguard?!" asked the man, not believing what he was hearing.

Who were those kids? First, they invaded his shelter, his home. And then, they want to claim him as a bodyguard? No way. There's no way he would ever help them out. "You're strong, right? You've survived here for 13 years by yourself. And also, I'm guessing you have a lot of experience going outside." noted Emma, her expression still not changing the slightest.