81

3rd Person Pov:

Pepe threw the grenade quickly, making sure that Leuvis didn't have much time to recover from his broken mask. The grenade opened, revealing a flash grenade. It went off, blinding the Archduke, just as planned.

Leuvis started to stumble, not being able to see anything. He finally fell to the ground, his head facing (Y/N). She was quick to react, pulling her gun out, about to shoot. But something hit her shoulder, causing her to gasp lightly.

Leuvis had thrown broken pieces of the ground at everyone, managing to only hit Pepe and (Y/N). He had hit Pepe on his injured arm, causing him to cry out in pain. The next thing he did, however, surprised everyone greatly.

Despite not being able to see, he had managed to attack Pepe, slicing deeply into his left shoulder. He fell to the ground as Nigel screamed out his name, quickly hiding again. (Y/N), having realized that Leuvis managed to find Pepe by simply hearing him, quickly changed positions, since she had made a noise before, too.

The adult quickly repositioned himself, shooting two times at the Demon. Leuvis managed to dodge, throwing even more debris his way. Then, Leuvis said: "This is it. This is it. This is it." over and over again, laughing like he had lost his minds.

"Run away!" called Mister, not hesitating to follow his own advice. Leuvis called out: "This is to thrilling! How many hundreds of years has it been?!" He then went to the nearest building on his right, slamming his claws into it.

Nigel, who was still inside that house, quickly left it, asking: "You're kidding, right?!" The house shattered to pieces, leaving debris all over the place.

(Y/N) was doing her best at pulling Pepe with her, towards safety. She struggled greatly, but never once thought about letting him there. As she reached the house the others were in, she put Pepe on the ground, breathing heavily while starting to tend to his wounds.

Nigel quickly took over, seeing that the girl was shaking rather violently, her eyes still wide from the shock. Then, the raven haired boy put a hand on her head, calming her down a bit, saying: "I'm so glad that you're okay, (Y/N)."

She looked at him for a moment, then threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Ray! Ray, I-I missed you so much! I was so scared..." she called out, whispering the last part. He immediately returned the hug, the familiar feeling of her warmth making him want to just stay like that forever.

"Yeah, I know." he told her, gently patting her back. She was close to shedding tears, saying: "Emma was... She was hurt because of me. I-I..." A sob escaped her lips as she hid her face in his chest, gripping his white jacket tightly.

"(Y/N), listen." he told her, making her look up at him. He cupped her face with his hands, saying: "I'm sure Emma did what you would have done. Besides, it's Emma we're talking about. She'll be fine."

He wiped some of her tears away, saying: "Let's talk about all of that later and focus on the main goal. Leuvis." To that, Nigel said: "Damn it... How much... Just how much is that monster going to take from us! That bastard!"

He sighed, then said: "The plan was proceeding smoothly. We broke his mask and we were able to stun him!" Mister looked out of the window, asking: "What do we do? Just how can we take this guy down?"

"We can change positions and fire at him from all directions." suggested Nigel, but Mister quickly shut that idea down. "It's useless. I tried that before." "But if we attack all together-" "Then it should work? It'll be impossible. That's what you think?" he said, shutting Nigel up.

(Y/N) Pov:

I let out a sigh, hugging myself closer to Ray once more. I have to think clearly. Leuvis is a true monster. He could easily kill us. But... Why is he not regenerating? Is there a limit or- My thoughts got interrupted by Mister, who said: "Escape."

I looked at him in slight confusion, listening as he continued: "We can't beat him anymore. Now that he's regained his sense of vision, all we can do is escape!" I quickly shook my head, saying: "No."

He turned to face me as I said: "If we run now, everyone dies." "Everyone?" asked Mister, a slight glare present on his face. I nodded, saying: "Oliver and Zack. Gillian and Emma. Ray and Lucas. And you and me. I already let Emma get hurt, so I definitely can't let anyone die."

"The hell are you talking about? We can't hope to beat him! We'll be slaughtered! We're doing this so no one else has to die, running is the best option!" he called out, raising his voice. "Y-You don't know that. We could die while running away, too." I noted.

I stepped closer to him, continuing: "He'll easily catch up to us. Th-There has to be a way." "How?" asked Nigel, his hands shaking slightly. I said: "We can't give up just yet. There has to be a way to defeat him."

"No." said Mister, his glare directed at me. "There is no way. We barely have time to talk! You know that, right? If we don't take this chance now, running won't be an option anymore! You're the smartest out of them all, so get a goddamned grip on yourself!"

I simply shook my head, saying: "If we really run away now, we're just sacrificing the lives of everyone else." He seemed to stop for a second, thinking about what I just said.

"This... This hunting ground has to stop. We were able to find out how to go to the human world. Today is the day we'll free everyone. We don't have to be the hunted anymore. Everyone can go to a world save from Demons." I told them, the confidence clear in my expression and voice.

"We just have to win to leave this place. Together." I said. Mister then ruffled through his hair, saying: "Idiot! Talking to me like I'm a kid..."

Sighing, he said: "Alright. I'll follow your lead, (Y/N)." My eyes widened slightly as a small smile spread on my lips. He called me by my name. He finally called me by my name! "What's your name, Mister?"

To that question, he clicked his tongue, saying: "If we're able to take this guy down without dying, I'll tell you when we get out of here." I nodded at him, saying: "Deal."

He hesitantly reached out to me, patting my head, saying: "You're stuttering way less now." My cheeks immediately turned bright red as I tried to form a sentence, but ended up stuttering things that not even I could understand. "Ah, you're back to your usual self." he said, grinning.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3510275