78

3rd Person Pov:

With heavy steps, the tall Demon followed the traces of the human children. Bayon looked down at a tree, noticing that the roots looked strange. He used his spear to move the hidden door, then cut down the whole tree.

Without hesitation, he jumped down, eyeing his new surroundings carefully. Never had he heard of some kind of tunnel system underneath the hunting grounds, yet there it was. And he was standing right in it.

Thanks to his sharp sense of smell, he was able to tell that the children were closer than he had thought. His head snapped to the left, where Nigel and Oliver were, right behind the corner. But as his attention was on them, two figures appeared from his right, knocking the tall Demon off it's feet.

"Now!" called (Y/N) out. Emma quickly grabbed her arm, pulling both of them to safety while the beforementioned boys shot at Bayon. Oliver had the strongest shot, the one meant to break the Demon's mask. He didn't even hesitate to pull the trigger.

Bayon's mask shattered to pieces. Nigel took his chance, aiming at the eye on the middle of Bayon's face. The bullet hit, and Bayon began to fall to the side. Emma nodded at her best friend, saying: "It worked. It really worked. You're the best, (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) returned her smile, leaving their hiding spot. She walked up to the boys, saying: "Now that Bayon's down, we can-" However, she was cut off by none other than the Demon himself, who had started laughing.

"He's still alive?!" asked Nigel, all of their eyes wide. Oliver was quick to react, pulling the Grace Field escapee down to avoid the incoming attack. "Nigel, down!" he called, watching as his friend managed to dodge in the last second.

They quickly jumped back, with Nigel asking: "Is this guy immortal?!" "(Y/N), step back! We'll handle him!" declared Oliver, pushing her back a bit. She clearly hesitated, then nodded, running towards her orange haired friend.

Nigel and Oliver continued to shoot at the Demon, dodging one attack after the other. Bayon's eyes, however, weren't on the boys anymore. Instead, he stared at the girl that was still running away. More precisely, he stared at the number on the side of her neck.

So, he jumped towards her, completely ignoring the two boys. Oliver quickly ran after him, having realized who that Demon wanted to kill. The girl glanced back, her (e/c) eyes widening as the spear got closer and closer to her.

Emma, however, was faster than the Demon, grabbing her weapon tightly. She shot at his hand, causing the spear to fall to the ground. But the Demon didn't stop his attack. Instead of using his spear, he got his claw ready, swinging it towards the (h/c) haired girl.

"(Y/N)!" called Oliver, his eyes wide as he stopped dead in his tracks, his hand reaching out towards her. A few droplets of blood hit the ground, while everything else was silent. Then, a gunshot was heard, followed by Bayon falling to the ground, now lifeless.

"(Y/N), are you alright...?" asked Emma, her green eyes glancing back at her friend. (Y/N) teared up as she nodded, putting her gun back on her belt, answering: "I-I am. B-But Emma..." The orange haired girl dropped to her knees, holding her bleeding side.

She held onto the claw that was still in her wound, pulling it out. "E-Emma!" called (Y/N), finally able to move again. She kneeled down in front of her friend, looking at her blood soaked clothes. "Emma, you idiot..." she muttered out, looking back at her face.

Emma was smiling, reaching out towards the girl in front of her. "Y-You look like you're about to cry." she told her, barely able to keep her eyes open. She put a hand on (Y/N) head, saying: "I promised myself... to not let you... let you get hurt..."

With that, her usually bright eyes were dull, before she closed them, her body falling forwards. "Emma! Don't- Don't die! Emma!" called (Y/N) out, tears starting to flow from her eyes. She got a hold on Emma, hugging her tightly.

"Please..." she cried out, her eyes closed. Hearing a whistle, her head snapped back towards the others. Oliver had blown the whistle, signaling the others that they had managed to defeat Bayon.

She wiped her tears away, then stood up, placing the unconscious Emma on her back. With quick, wobbly steps, she ran towards the underground shelter. "What should we do now? With Emma wounded like this..." trailed Nigel off, slowly shaking his head.

"I'll make sure that my plan works out. I swear, I'll do anything to kill them all." stated (Y/N), her (e/c) eyes showing pure determination. Oliver glanced over at Nigel, a look of worry taking over his features.

(Y/N) Pov:

I managed to quickly reach the center of this underground system. "L-Lucas! Emma was- S-She was stabbed!" I called out, gently placing her down onto a matt. Lucas' eyes widened as he started to tend to her wounds.

"Oliver, bring spare gauze and antiseptic! Light, too!" he called out. "Yes!" said Oliver, on his way to get the requested items. Lucas then pointed at two children, saying: "You, and you! Please come help!" "Y-Yes!"

I tightened my hands into fists, glaring at the ground. Someone got hurt because of me. Emma was badly injured, all because of me. It's just like back at Grace Field. First Norman, now Emma.

"Emma." I said, kneeling down once more. I gently placed my hand onto her cheek, saying: "You heard what I said, right? I'll do anything to make this plan work. And you do anything to survive this."

I hesitantly retreated my hand, then stood up. "Oliver, I-I'll go back to Leuvis now. My time is almost up." I said, turning to face him. His face showed worry as he asked: "Are you sure? Nous and Nouma are still alive."

I nodded, saying: "I trust you to help them out." He hesitated, then nodded. As he was about to leave, he turned around, saying: "Don't die out there, 'kay?" I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I said: "O-Of course not. I have to keep a promise, after all."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://thathilomgirl.tumblr.com/post/634521050535837696/snippet-illustration-from-the-promised-neverland