39

3rd Person Pov:

The children were running, until they finally reached the tall wall. Emma looked up, then suddenly she saw Norman. It was like he was telling her to go and escape with everyone. She smiled as 'Norman' disappeared again. Full of determination, she said: "Nat and I will climb up first. Then we'll pull everyone up." Don turned to look at the younger children, saying: "Okay, everyone! Just do it like how we trained, and you'll be fine!" "Everyone's going to escape safely." stated Emma. The children cheered a bit. Then, Ray noticed something. "Wait." he said.

At the House, Isabella watched as the Farm was burning. She said: "It's burning. Everything is burning. But..." She looked at the ear in her hand, then started to laugh. "They're still alive! (Y/N), Emma, Ray, and... I won't let you escape, my adorable children."

"Is this all of us?" asked Ray, counting the children over and over again. He was sure that Emma would take everyone with them, but...

Phil pulled on their Mama's clothes, saying: "Mama." Isabella looked at him in shock, slowly realizing what was happening. She knelt down, hugging the little boy.

Emma and Natt held the rope they made, so that the younger children could all climb up. From the top of the wall, they were able to see the fire. "I'm sorry..." muttered (Y/N), closing her eyes. Ray finally figured out what's been bugging him. He asked: "The four-year-olds and under aren't here?" Emma immediately answered:" I'm leaving them here." Ray gasped lightly, looking at her with a surprised expression. "What you said to me before, I thought about it... one more time." She was struggling to hold the rope, even with two younger children helping her. She thought back at how she made the decision to leave the younger ones behind. (Y/N) and Ray pulled Don up as he reached the top of the wall. Emma glanced at (Y/N). It was (Y/N)'s idea to tell Phil the whole plan. And in the end, it worked out. Phil already guessed that something was wrong. Emma pulled the remaining rope up, saying: "I won't take them now. Only Phil knows the truth. The others don't know about the House or the fire. I'm leaving that Situation for Phil." Ray could only stare at her in disbelieve. Emma, the same Emma he knew his whole life is actually leaving some of the children at the House. Emma looked at him with determined eyes, saying: "But I haven't given up. I'll definitely return within two years. That's when I'll take Phil and the others, as well as all the kids in the other four Plants."

Isabella asked: "Phil, where are the other children?" The little boy hesitated, but eventually let go of their Mama, saying: "This way!" Isabella checked her pocket watch before picking up the suitcase she took with her, and ran after Phil. The younger children immediately hugged her, saying: "Mama!" "Where is Emma and everyone else?" "They're not with you?" "I'm going to get them now." she said, standing up. "No, don't go!" "Don't worry, I'll be right back. Everyone, make sure to stay here." With that, she picked the suitcase up again, going after the older children. "This is 73584 from Plant Three." she said into the communication device that was in the suitcase. "The children have escaped! Sound the alarm!" It didn't take long for the alarm to be heard.

(Y/N) Pov:

I looked towards the burning House again, listening to the alarm. Emma said: "It went off earlier than expected." By now, the Headquarters should be informed how many of us exactly escaped. They now know that three high quality children are on the run. We have to be careful. I can't overlook anything now. If I do miss the slightest detail, we're doomed. Ray grabbed my hand, asking: "What do we do? We're still far from the bridge." I looked up at him, then pointed towards the other side of the cliff, saying: "We'll cross right here." "Cross? But at that time, Norman said..." 

If we're escaping it'll be through the bridge. But that's what anyone would think. There's no way we'll cross the cliff. That's why we won't go to the bridge. We'll escape from the cliff. I checked the distance to the other side as well as the geographical features. It's dangerous, but there's a spot where you can cross. And you have two months. You have time. (Y/N), I know that you can think of a way to get past the cliff.'

That's what Norman wrote in the letter he gave Emma. I looked at Ray's shocked expression, saying: "It's reckless, but it'll work. I-I guarantee it. Norman had... He had faith in me, and I won't disappoint him. No matter what." Gilda nodded, saying: "And we trained a lot. It'll be okay." "Trained?" he asked, still not believing any of this. Then, Don took the rope with the stone on and threw it over the cliff, just like he trained. We were all focused, hoping it'd work out. We watched as the stone managed to wrap the piece of rope around the tree, strong enough to hold. "Natt!" he called. "Yeah!" replied Natt, already tying the other end to the tree behind us. We all cheered. It worked! It really worked! I didn't mess up. Norman... I managed. Ray asked: "(Y/N), are we really..." "It's all right." chimed Emma in, cutting him off. I nodded, saying: "As long as the first person can cross..." With that, Don put one of the hangers on the rope, sliding across it. "Wait, hey!" called Ray, his eyes still wide. Don landed on the other side and showed us the lantern, signalling that it worked. I cheered once more, grabbing both of Ray's hands, saying: "I did it! It worked! We can finally..." I smiled brightly, watching as Thoma and Lanni launched their self made rockets across the cliff. Don tied the ropes that were attached to them to trees, too. "We did it!" said Lanni and Thoma, posing a little. "All right, come on!" called Don. Natt slid to the other side, saying: "See you later, Ray!" while passing by. Emma and Anna helped the younger children by tying their hands to the hangers. Just so that they won't accidentally let go. "You guys..." said Ray from next to me. He remembered the times that we saw the children playing like this back by the House. "You guys... when did you..." I looked up at Ray, saying: "Hey... Let's make a promise, Ray."

Ray Pov:

"I promise, then." I said, staring into her (e/c) eyes. She smiled a little, saying: "M-Me, too. I won't break it." I smiled a little. This girl... First, she surprised me with this whole plan, and now with this. Was Norman really the smartest of us children? "(Y/N), can you help out here?" called Emma. She immediately nodded and went to help. "Well, we were able to completely fool you." said Norman, smiling at me with a smug grin. That's... "You'll show me something cool, so shut up and come, huh?" I asked. "And isn't it cool? Look. It's a scenery we never thought we would see." "Yeah. I thought it wouldn't be possible to take everyone. I thought they would be a hindrance." "I hesitated, too." I looked over at him as he continued: "But in the end, I made a decision, and it's thanks to (Y/N) and Emma. I didn't have time to think of the details for this plan, so I left that part for (Y/N). And everyone joined with full faith because it's Emma. She's reckless and unreasonable, but she's honest, and can say we're taking everyone without wasting a second thought. You don't have to give up, Ray." My eyes widened slightly.

Because with that...

Norman was gone again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.deviantart.com/lynncholy/art/Escape-The-Promised-Neverland-Fanart-781828317