80

(Y/N) Pov:

I walked up to Leuvis, wiping a bit of dirt off my cheek. He checked his watch, saying: "Well, ten minutes have almost gone past. Not a single one of your comrades has shown up, (Y/N)." I grinned slightly, saying: "I could say the same to you, Leuvis."

At that, he chuckled, saying: "What a sharp tongue. But the reason is obvious enough, isn't it? They're unlikely to still be in this world." I lightly nodded, listening to him explain how he figured that out.

"A whistle blows right after their presence disappears, it happened twice already. The first time was for Luce and the second, for Bayon, I suppose? Now I can't feel Nous or Nouma anymore, either. The third whistle should soon enough echo through the air."

Just as he said that, the whistle was heard, making him smirk widely. "And there it is." He folded his claws together, saying: "My 'comrades', eh? Our association was really nothing remotely of that sort, but I have to admit that, now that it has come to this, I suppose I'll miss them a little bit. At least Bayon."

He almost seemed nostalgic talking about his 'friend'. "Our acquaintance fates to a long time ago, and in many ways we saw eye-to-eye. We used to go on hunts together quite often, before the promise. Real hunts, I mean."

I kept my eyes on him, studying every single movement of his. I can't miss anything now. No matter how small or unimportant it seems, I can't miss any information. "Truth be told, I pitied him. Still, I'm sure he must have had a lot of satisfaction, in the end. This was his deepest desire, after all."

"To enjoy himself in a real hunt."

"A most admirable feat!" he said, suddenly behind me. My eyes widened, whipping my head around to face him. "You are rabbits who brought down tigers. How splendid. Precisely that is the real power of humankind."

He leaned a little closer to me, continuing: "It is enough for me to completely forget that tinge of regret! I just wonder hos many of you are left. Right now, I see you and you alone. Will anyone else manage to arrive here? Maybe they're all dead, and you're the last one."

Yeah, sure. Nowhere in my plan is the death of any of my friends an option. I just know that none of them died. "Your ten minutes are all but gone. Only three seconds left." stated Leuvis, his grin widening once more.

"Two." I quickly grabbed the smaller gun from my belt, the one I used to kill Bayon, aiming it at him. "One. Shall we begin?" I quickly reached into my pocket, pulling out the trigger for the trap we had made. 

I clicked on the button, making dozens of firearm appear from several windows of the houses. They started shooting almost immediately, and I took that moment to run, knowing that he won't go down just like that.

3rd Person Pov:

(Y/N) hid behind a house, where Pepe had already been waiting for her. She knew that Nigel was already on his position, meaning that it was a three-on-one at the moment. But she also knew that Oliver, Violet, Sonya, Sandy, and Paula could still join them. Even if, by now, it was rather unlikely that they weren't all hurt.

Leuvis easily caught every single bullet that was shot at him, letting them drop to the ground. The two kids were running, splitting at an alley. "We'll only follow my plan from now on." (Y/N) said, glancing at Pepe.

He nodded, saying: "Right! I'll pass the word to Nigel!" With that, he picked up his pace, running even faster. As he passed a few corners, his eyes widened, quick to hide again. However, he wasn't fast enough, as the tall Demon had already spotted him.

"Found you..." he said, trailing off while grinning creepily. Of course Leuvis wouldn't take the bait and go after (Y/N). But that's exactly what she had told everyone, meaning Pepe was already prepared to run into him sooner or later.

He quickly pulled out his gun, starting to shoot at the Archduke, mostly hitting the ground, including a water pipe. The pipe happened to burst open, making water fall onto the Demon.

"I suppose you can't aim very well with just one arm." he said, preparing for the following hunt. Pepe immediately turned around, starting to run away. "Let's start with one." said Leuvis to himself, slowly starting to follow.

Pepe glanced back at him, grinning, saying: "It went exactly like (Y/N) said." In that moment, (Y/N) jumped out of her hiding spot, an exposed cable in her gloved hand. Leuvis couldn't react in time as he was processing what was happening.

She dropped the cable into the water on the ground, which sent high voltage shocks through the Archdukes body. Nigel, who was inside a nearby house held the gun with the heavy ammo, aiming at the Demon's mask.

'No spare shots. One chance.' he thought, quickly pulling the trigger. Noticing the stronger shot, Leuvis held an arm out to it, letting his claw get blown to pieces instead of his mask. At that, all of their eyes widened.

(Y/N) stared at him in shock, knowing that she had to start running right then and there. But she couldn't. For some reason, she couldn't move. "Electricity, eh? So this is... I see... It's over." announced Leuvis, starting to rush towards the girl. A small smile appeared on her lips as she said: "Ah, I made a mistake." 

Leuvis reached his claw out, ready to kill the young girl. In the next second, his mask had shattered, the impact of the strong ammo causing (Y/N) to stumble back, falling over. She slowly turned to face her savior, the person that had managed to destroy Leuvis' mask.

Her (e/c) eyes widened slightly at the sight of the man that held the special gun. A smile appeared on her pink lips as she met eyes with a certain, raven haired boy.

"Ray, Mister..." she muttered out, standing back up. The unnamed man glared at the Demon, saying: "Been a while, Leuvis."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://br.pinterest.com/pin/479492691576471869/