65

(Y/N) Pov:

I had explained them my plan in the shortest version possible. It's a really simple plan. Emma will lure the Demons over to Ray, where he's going to shoot the stone tree parts, to make them fall onto them. Then, I'll shoot the second gun, using the green bullet.

If this works out, then we can flee with a few seconds of a head start. If I'm right, then we have about 10 - 40 seconds. More likely closer to 10 than to 40, but oh well. We have to take every opportunity we can, or else we're going to die, and I won't allow that. I'll do anything.

As soon as Emma had lured the Demons to the right location, Ray shot the stone trees, causing the stone to break, falling down onto the pack of wild Demons. I then pulled the special gun out, pointing it at the Demons.

I already placed the green bullet inside, so I only have to shoot. Wait for the right timing, and... Now! I pulled the trigger, watching as the net was flung over the Demons. They screeched, trying to get out.

"They're tied up!" called Emma, a proud grin on her face that was directed to me. I nodded, starting to run. Ray said: "Good! Now hurry!" We quickly fled into the forest, hoping to get as far away from them as possible. I bet Mister knows our tactic now. He said he'd be watching, so he should know that we don't intend on fighting and killing. We intend on fleeing and surviving.

Emma gasped from next to me, making me turn my head to look at whatever she's looking at. My eyes widened. They're... They're eating their own kind...? Just what are Demons? "They're already free! Here they come!" noted Emma.

We sped up, with Ray suddenly stopping. I stopped a few feet after him, asking: "Ray? Wh-What are you doing?" in slight panic. He isn't seriously going to fight them off on his own, right? He shot at them, causing them to be injured quite a bit.

But that didn't matter. In mere seconds, those damaged parts of their bodies were back to the way they were. They're regenerating? What else can they do? They already out-speed us, are a lot stronger, and they can also regenerate? How did the people from 1'000 years kill them?

I grabbed my gun, starting to shoot at the Demons slowly. That didn't seem to disturb them in any way. Come on, think, (Y/N), think! If I can just figure it out, then we won't have to waste any more bullets!

Ray suddenly ran past me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Run!" he said, making me do exactly that. A Demon appeared in front of us, making me stop in my tracks. Ray, however, was already too close to it.

The Demon reached out to him, grabbing him. "Ray!" I called out. At that moment, my mind was running wild. I was thinking about every possible solution to this, but nothing that could actually worked came to mind.

Think! There has to be something that every Demon has in common! I pointed my gun at the Demon that held Ray, suddenly getting an idea. That's... I figured it out! "It's the eye!" yelled Ray and me at the same time. Of course it is!

Every Demon wears a mask, so that must mean that that's their weakest point. The one right in the middle of the face, that's the one I have to shoot! I aimed my gun, pulling the trigger almost immediately.

As soon as the bullet hit, the Demon lost its grip on Ray, falling down to the ground. I quickly ran to Ray, pulling him up from to give him a tight hug. "That was w-way too close... Don't do that again, please." I told him.

He put a hand on my head, saying: "I won't. But now we know. Their weak spot is the eye in the middle of their faces." I nodded, watching as Emma joined our sides. "He's not rising!" she said, sighing in relief. I nodded, and we started to run again.

"Focus on escaping and limit your attacks to the minimum to survive! Let's get into the territory of other Demons!" announced Ray, taking the lead. "The way that man talked implies there are different species. If two packs crash into one another, they might forget about us! If we can pull that off, we'll just continue as planned until we reach a safe area!" "Got it!" "Okay!" replied Emma and I.

3rd Person Pov:

The three children were panting heavily, their heart's still racing. They did just escape a pack of Demons, after all. The adult, who finally decided to join them again, said: "Good work. Oh boy, I can't believe it! You really managed to escape their territory all by yourselves."

"Excuse me, Mister, but we're alive." noted Emma, causing the man to stare blankly at her. "Chumps or not, we're still alive." she repeated, smiling up at him. The adult grinned a little, saying: "Right..."

Time skip: morning of the third day

(Y/N) rubbed her tired eyes, yawning. All of them did. Well, expect for the adult amongst them. He had a nice slumber, refilling his energy. And while he slept, the three children were doing their best to survive.

It's not like the children tried to sleep. No, it's just that the Demons had attacked them during the night. They did take turns sleeping for an hour or two, but that just wasn't enough.

Ray glanced over at (Y/N), asking: "Can you still go on?" She nodded, smiling reassuringly at him. "O-Of course. And you? Are you okay?" Her tone got more worried as she asked her questions, leaning closer to the raven haired boy.

His cheeks took a light shade of pink as the petite girl got even closer, observing his expression. She eventually put a hand on his cheek, asking: "Y-You really are okay, right? If something's wrong, you have to tell me. You'll tell me, right?" He chuckled softly, placing a hand on her head.

"Don't be stupid. I'm just tired. Nothing more, nothing less." he admitted, smiling softly at the girl. She returned his smile, glad that he's being honest. Suddenly, they heard a strange noise. Their heads snapped towards Emma, who was holding her stomach with one hand, a sheepish smile on her face.

"Sorry. I'm really hungry..." she said, giving them a close-eyed-smile. (Y/N) put her backpack down, saying: "M-Me, too. Let's grab a bite before going further. Mister, d-do you want something, too?"

The adult only stared at the girl for a few seconds, seemingly deep in thoughts. But he snapped right out of it as soon as she held a piece of bread towards him. He took it, muttering a very short and silent: "Thanks..." (Y/N), however, heard it. She smiled sweetly at him, going to take a bite from her own food.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/815221970050193696/