26

3rd Person Pov:

All of the children were playing happily together, just as always. Ray stood by the side, taking a picture of the children. Behind him were Norman, Emma, (Y/N), Don, and Gilda. Ray turned around, saying: "Let's go over the plan." The group of children nodded, then started to walk together.

"When we start free time after lunch, I'll distract Mama. Norman and Emma will climb the wall to inspect the vicinity. (Y/N), Don, and Gilda, stay outside where you can see the south window on the House's second floor. Just in case I fail to distract Mama, I'll signal you. Let Emma and Norman know to cancel the inspection immediately." said Ray. The two ten year old's looked at him with wide eyes, while (Y/N) nodded her head, saying: "Okay." Ray continued: "We have six days until the escape, but at least until January, we have two and a half months until it's time for me to be shipped out." (Y/N) shifted from leg to leg at his statement. She walked up to him, sliding her hand in his. It calmed her down, and made her feel safe. Ray glanced at her, then looked back at Don and Gilda, saying: "So if anything happens, immediately cancel the inspection. Everything needs to be done secretly. We need to pretend to be controllable." They both nodded their heads. "Don! Play with us!" "Gilda, you too!" called the younger children, waving at them. Don smiled, asking: "All right! Ready for some tag?" With that, they both went with the children. "Ray, can we talk?" asked Norman, looking at Ray with a serious expression.

(Y/N) Pov:

We were in one of the free rooms in the House now, and after we explained everything to Ray about what happened with Sister Krone, he asked: "Sister found out that we can break the tracking devices?" I flinched at his tone. He put a hand on my head, saying: "I'm not mad at you,(Y/N). I'm mad at them." Norman tried to change the subject by saying: "So I wanted to move up the escape day. When can you break the tracking devices?" Ray sighed, then held the camera up, pointing it at us three. I smiled a little, already knowing what he was going to do. Click. Norman blinked a few times while Emma covered her face. I giggled as Emma asked: "What was that?" Ray held the camera towards us, saying: "With this, I have all the necessary parts. I can break them anytime now." Norman took the camera, inspecting it with Emma. I walked over to Ray, watching as the colors slowly faded into the picture he was holding. It's still amazing! I giggled again as I saw the finished photo. Ray had to laugh a bit himself. Emma quickly joined our sides, looking at the small piece of paper. "You weirdos." said Ray. "Shut up!" said Emma, pouting a little. Norman stated: "This is really a double-edged sword." We looked at him as he asked: "Will we break the tracking devices and escape first? Or will Sister find this evidence first and turn us in before that?" That's... "Don't worry. I've taken care of that." said Ray, grinning.

3rd Person Pov:

Krone sat in her room, talking to her doll. "Say, I wonder why they pretended not to know? They knew the location and how to break the tracking devices. How did they find out in the first place? Rather, how will they break it? Will they use a special tool? Could they have made such a thing? Then would that happen to be the reliable evidence I need? Is that why they were scared and lied? If so, then it's time for a search." her voice was getting louder as she spoke, while carefully stroking her doll.

While the children were preparing the table to eat, Sister Krone went into one of the children's rooms. The first bed she checked was Ray's. She looked through his nightstand, under his pillow, even under his bed. But she found nothing. Just then, Phil walked by and stopped, asking: "What are you doing?" The Sister looked at him with a surprised expression before smiling, saying: "I'm cleaning the floors. Phil accepted her answer and continued his way down the hall. Krone then shoved the bed to the side before doing the same with the nightstand. Behind the nightstand was a small, folded piece of paper. She picked it up and sat on the bed, reading it. Her eyes widened before she stood up, running back into her own room.

There, she leaned over her desk, saying: "It's true. This really is the truth. I got it unexpectedly!" She cheered, dancing around the room. "Isabella's second weakness! So how should I go about this?" She jumped onto her bed, and started talking to her doll again. "If I show this note and appeal to Grandma, I wonder if I can oust Isabella and obtain the Mama's position? Then I can ship out the brats unconditionally, too. But how... how does Ray know about this? Even Isabella shouldn't know about this in the first place." A pair of knocks on her door brought her out of her thoughts. She jumped up, putting everything away, then went to open the door. Before her stood none other than the Mama of the House, smiling at the shocked Sister. She held a paper knife and a letter, handing both to the Sister. "It's from the headquarters. You should open it." said Isabella, watching as Krone did just that. And as soon as she read the letter, her expression changed into a stressed one. "It's unfortunate, but that's how it is. Goodbye." said the Mama, still keeping that calm smile on her face. "Number 18684, Sister Krone. We hereby appoint you to be Mama for Plant Four?" read the Sister out loud, then asked: "I'll be a Mama?!" "Yes. There was a sudden opening at Plant Four for a Mama. I've been recommending you for some time, which is why you were selected." said Isabella. "You've been recommending me?" "Grandma is at the gate to pick you up. Pack up immediately and go back to headquarters." "Immediately?" "Goodbye. Please do your best at the new plant, too." Krone could guess what was happening, so her expression didn't change. Isabella asked: "What's wrong? You don't look happy." "Oh no, this i an honor. I'll get ready." As soon as Isabella left, Krone fell to her knees, breathing heavily. "That woman. She intends to get rid of me!" While she packed her things, she looked at the small, folded piece of paper, saying: "It's all or nothing. But I'll have to try." She then looked at a certain pen, saying: "I will not let everything go her way!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://couldnt-think-of-a-better-name.tumblr.com/post/185782127771/norman-paralleling-isabella-makes-him-even-more