92

3rd Person Pov:

The kids were hiding in the armory, with Emma asking: "Everybody alright? Is everyone here?" Gilda turned to face her, answering: "I just counted. Of the 62 of us, with the exception of Rossi and Lucas, everybody is in here and safe." "Thanks."

(Y/N) looked up at Ray with clear worry, saying: "I hope Rossi is alright." "He'll be fine. Lucas is with him, after all." reassured Ray, placing a hand on her head. She nodded lightly, slightly less worried.

Zack faced Pepe, asking: "But, how could they have found this place out, when we're always being so vigilant for them?" "I don't know... Those guys just suddenly appeared from the darkness." answered Pepe, sitting down.

He said: "I didn't miss anything. Rossi and I were definitely watching. Nothing was showing up on the screen. There weren't any abnormalities. Even so, those guys suddenly..." He took a deep breath, his body shaking rather violently.

"Calm down. So what does the enemy number?" asked Oliver, keeping his calm in this situation. "Eight of them. As far as I could tell." answered Pepe. Emma quickly asked: "What about Rossi? Is he with Lucas?"

"Yeah. He's worried about Lucas' bad leg. Both of them are in the secret room. As long as that's where they are, they'll be able to hide and not be found." stated Pepe, looking at the orange haired girl. "That's good to hear." said Emma with a sigh.

They then thought about what to do. The enemy found out about the shelter. They now know where all the kids were hiding. (Y/N) closed her eyes, focusing her thoughts. She knew that the enemy knows that they haven't escaped yet. But it was only a matter of time until they were found out.

Emma spoke up, voicing (Y/N)'s exact thoughts. "Let's run away. This place is no good anymore." The children all looked at her with wide eyes. She continued: "The enemy knows about it." Yuugo nodded, adding: "Yeah, with the eight men they sent to attack us now, in all likelihood, the Ratri clan's headquarters knows all about this place."

"So we're throwing away the shelter..." trailed Yvette off, most of the children's expressions turning into sad ones. "Our home..." "That field that we made together..." they said, looking to the ground.

"Our lives are more important." said Yuugo, making them all look up at him. (Y/N) nodded her head, saying: "Yuugo's right. We escaped from our home before. We can find another place to call home. Besides, we've already assumed that this would happen."

The children remembered what Yuugo had taught them, about the three different entrances and exits to the shelter. And all of the seven ways to get to those exits were hidden.

So, they quickly gathered their things, with Gilda asking: "Everyone ready?" The plan was clear to all of them. They needed to get to the connected underground tunnels that Sonju was using. It was the safest option.

Ray said: "Fortunately, the enemy carried out their surprise attack at night. This is better for us, we should all be able to use the darkness to our advantage to escape through the night. If we spend one day walking, we should get to that forest."

Emma nodded, taking the lead once more. She said: "We've lost our home. This is a serious blow. But if we're still alive, we'll somehow manage! No matter what it takes. So long as we're alive."

Nodding, (Y/N) said: "That's right. We can do this. Let's quickly and quietly calm down. They haven't noticed us yet. We can still run." The children nodded, determination filling them. "Now, let's get out of here." said Emma, all of the children following her.

"Can you hear me, monitor room?" asked Andrew, talking into their communication device. "Yes." answered the man that was currently in the monitor room. "How do the monitors look?" "They're still running. It seems that some of the images on them were switched with dummies, but we're working on getting real-time video back running." "Good work."

Lucas and Rossi were about to leave through the emergency exit, but Lucas stopped as soon as he heard the man in the monitor room. "That room is the cattle children's safety lifeline. It surely must display all the entrances and exits they were checking." said Andrew, his voice calm and collected, despite the whole situation.

"If by chance, you spot a cattle child escaping, let me know." he ordered, to which the man said: "Right!" Lucas tapped on Rossi's shoulder, making the young boy look at him. He then gave him a message through Morse Code, telling him to stay hidden while he took care of this.

Lucas quietly climbed out of his hiding place, catching the man off guard. He trapped him, cutting off his air supply with his arm. The man tried to reach for his gun, but fainted before he could do so.

"Lucas." called Rossi. Lucas quickly said: "You shouldn't come out yet. I'll break the monitors. You-" He stopped talking once he hear someone talking through the communication device. He picked it up, listening closely.

His eyes widened as he said: "This is bad, Rossi!" After listening for another few seconds, he gave the device to Rossi, saying: "Rossi, you go on ahead. Go catch up with Emma and the rest." Rossi nodded, on his way to the other children.

"All teams, deploy. Fortify all the exits."

That's what Andrew had ordered his team. It was clear to Lucas. The enemy knows how they planned to escape. They knew everything. The emergency exit won't be safe. It's going to be an ambush.

(Y/N) Pov:

Chris walked ahead, saying: "The next path is this way." as he pointed to the left path. We followed him and Emma. "And then this way. Over here." he said, continuing to lead us. This escape route is like a maze. We all memorized the way, but...

If the enemy ignores this path and goes straight to the point where we'll come out, then this doesn't matter. I tightened my grip on Ray's hand, trying to think of anything else than that. We will escape. We can do this.

"Hey, Ray, (Y/N). I have a bad feeling. It's about the enemy." said Yuugo, gaining our attention. He continued: "Why eight people? There are over 60 people occupying this place. With weapons as well."

Ray said: "I don't think it's too little. They also might not have been able to figure out our total number. And what kind of weapons we're armed with." "But if they do know all of that..." trailed Yuugo off.

I said: "Yeah. If that's the case, then they sent an elite team. That would be pretty bad for us." "In addition to that, this raid to the Ratri clan could very well be something that they have to move forward with in secret." added Ray.

"Just a litte more. We just have to climb up once, walk a little, climb up again, then we're out." said Chris, relived that we almost made it. My heartbeat started to increase as I asked: "Hey, Ray?"

He looked at me, so I asked: "We didn't miss anything, did we?" Two children went up ahead to open the exit. Ray thought for a moment, then said: "I'm not sure. But I can't think of anything we could have missed. So I'd say-"

He was cut off by the sound of two gunshots, followed by the two children falling down, blood flowing from their heads, making it clear that that was where they were shot. My eyes widened as I began to run towards Chris, who was standing at the very front.

A man with white hair and black strands in it stood in front of us, a gun in his hands, ready to shoot. He pulled the trigger, and I reached out towards Chris, pulling him to the side, the bullet hitting the ground behind us. "(Y/N)! Run!" yelled Gillian, and I quickly did so, carrying Chris with me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.facebook.com/100576054993470/photos/pcb.225796812471393/225796762471398/?type=3&theater