31

Ray Pov:

I looked at Emma with a questioning expression, as she said: "It's okay, right? Yeah, let's break a bone!" "Emma, what are you..." I couldn't even finish my question. She smiled, saying: "You know, since I'm hurt so badly, I don't think I'll get shipped out in your place. And neither is (Y/N). Remember what the Demon at the gate said? We're high-grade merchandise, and we're also special. When we go, we have to be in perfect form. So if they need a replacement, it'd be Ray. So if Ray were hurt badly as well, he wouldn't get shipped out immediately." I smirked. This could be it. (Y/N) smiled, too, saying: "Mama said that since I'm injured, you would get shipped out. That just proves it!" I laughed out loud, then said: "That's a great idea. All right, let's get cracking." "Right?" asked Emma. (Y/N) said: "But you don't have to break a leg. It really hurts, so your arm would be enough." "Oh yeah. Then let's break your arm, Ray." stated Emma, with the same enthusiasm that both (Y/N), and I have. Norman quickly said: "No, wait. It's not guaranteed that you won't get shipped out if you get hurt." "If that won't stop it, then I just so happened to have caught a horrible cold again." said (Y/N). I nodded, saying: "And I just so happened to be infected by it, too. The Demons won't eat me if I'm sick, right?" Norman looked like he just couldn't grasp what we were talking about. Emma asked: "Breaking your arm is super painful and it'll be exhausting to be sick, but you'll be fine, right?" "Yeah." I answered immediately. "We can discuss escape plans through string telephones or something." stated Emma. I said: "That's good. We won't have to worry about Mama hearing us." "But..." tried Norman, but Emma said: "If that doesn't work, we'll think of something else. I'll do anything." "Why? You're crazy for doing this." "Don't you get it? It's way better than having you die, Norman." said (Y/N), smiling lightly at him. Emma said: "That's right. Do you remember what you said? We'll all escape together, with everyone. If you're not part of this, I won't accept it!" Emma put her hand on Norman's, saying: "Let's keep living, together. Okay, Norman?" Norman started to tear up, covering his eyes, saying: "Yeah."

3rd Person Pov:

As everyone calmed down, Ray said: "Norman." while passing him the device that can disable the tracking devices. He said: "Use this to disable your tracking device tomorrow, and then go hide in the forest. And then climb the wall..." "And inspect. Let's get it done before they increase security." finished Norman, smiling at him. "Don and Gilda are making new rope right now. They're using spare sheets stolen from the linen room." informed Ray. Emma said: "So it's complete." looking at the device that Ray made. "Place it against your left ear and push the button. That'll disable the tracking device. With this method, it won't notify Mama." explained Ray. Emma looked at him in curiosity, asking: "Did you make that from camera parts?" He answered: "Not just the camera. I used parts from all the other rewards I got beforehand. I just wanted the strobe light from the camera." Norman looked at the device, saying: "You spent six years getting parts from different items so Mama wouldn't figure it out." "Amazing." noted Emma. "It's not amazing or anything. After I realized the secret of the House, I had to do it. That's it." he said, scratching the back of his neck. "Idiot, that is amazing." said (Y/N), lightly hitting his shoulder. She smiled at him, then put her head on the shoulder she previously hit. He put his head on her's, closing his eyes for a few seconds. "Ray. How did you find out about the House's secret?" asked Norman. He received no answer, so he said: "I asked you about it before, too. Because normally, no one would find out." Norman waited patientally, and so did the two girls. Of course they were curious to this as well. Ray hesitated, lifting his head to look at Norman. After a few seconds of silence, he answered: "From the beginning." Norman's eyes widened as Ray put his arms around (Y/N), careful as to not hurt her. "I knew from the beginning. Do you know what infantile amnesia is?" "What's that?" asked Emma. Ray answered: "Without being aware, people forget their memories from when they were a baby. That's infantile amnesia. In rare cases, it doesn't happen to some people." "Ray, do you mean..." Emma trailed off at the end of her sentence, shocked at what he told them. "I have memories from when I was a fetus. There were inconsistencies between my own memories and my life at this House. That's how I found out. My first memory is being inside a dark, warm liquid. A lullaby I could hear from a distance." (Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly. 'Lullaby? The one Ray used to hum when we were younger?' she thought, glancing up at him. "How much do you remember?" asked Emma, her eyes big. Ray answered: "It's in fragments, but highly detailed. I remember how the Demons looked, and that there were other babies. The tracking devices were implanted, and we were divided into groups of five." "Groups of five..." repeated Norman. "After that, I passed through a dark tunnel and arrived here." "The tunnel being the gate?" "Yeah." "Wait. So past the gate isn't the outside, but..." started Norman. "Headquarters." Norman's eyes widened. Ray said: "The headquarters and the adjacent five plants. That's what makes this House." "Sister Krone didn't lie, after all." noted (Y/N), sighing lightly. Ray said: "The gate won't serve as an escape route. Beyond that is not just a few guards out there. It's swarming with Demons and adults." "Isn't that bad?" asked Emma. "No. That's why the security towards us is light. They'll only focus on the gate and won't increase security. Once your fractures are healed, we'll escape." "I see." said Emma, putting a hand to her face. "There's no need to be afraid. Tomorrow, you'll disappear." With that, Ray held his hand out towards them. (Y/N) immediately put hers on top of his, and Emma put hers on top of (Y/N)'s. Norman did the same, and the four of them smiled. "Got it." said Norman.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/631981760194307847/