155

Ray Pov:

"Back off, will you!" said the man that had pushed me back. He was glaring at me, then glanced back at her. "You alright, Apollo?" "I-I think so..." she answered, her voice immediately drawing me in.

Apollo? But... It really is her. This is (Y/N). My (Y/N). My love. My fiancee. The girl I want to marry. The one I spend the last year searching for. My everything.

"(Y/N), are you-" I tried, only have the man step closer to me. He glared at me, saying: "I'll gladly fight you if you won't leave her alone." My eyes went back over to (Y/N), who now stood behind this man, clearly scared. What is happening?

I was easily taller than the guy, and I used that to my advantage. I stepped closer to him, saying: "I won't back down." "Oh? You wanna throw hands?" "If it means saving (Y/N), then yes."

Norman stepped between me and the guy, saying: "We don't want to start a fight." "Right! Let's talk this out." added Emma, a kind smile on her face. "I don't talk to people that harass my sister." said the man.

He took (Y/N)'s hand, starting to walk away, saying: "Let's go." Watching her walk away was like losing a part of me. I reached out towards her, about to walk after them, as Norman held his arm out in front of me, saying: "Don't. She's scared."

Emma frowned, saying: "I know, but... I'll try again." With that, she ran after them, wanting to catch up to her. I only stared at the crowd, where she had vanished mere seconds ago. "(Y/N)..."

"It'll be okay." said Norman, trying to reassure me. I snapped at him. "No, it won't! Nothing's okay! She left again! She was here, so close, and yet...! I failed again!" I quickly looked away, adding: "Why... Why doesn't she recognize me?"

"I'm sorry. If Emma were to act like that towards me, I... I don't know what I would do." admitted Norman, placing his hand onto my shoulder. I slapped it away, saying: "I-I need to think."

3rd Person Pov:

Norman watched as he walked away, a soft sigh escaping his lips. It was then that Emma returned, a grim expression on her face. "She really doesn't remember us, huh?" he asked her, to which she shook her head.

She held a small smile on her face as she said: "At least she's alright." A few tears began to roll down her cheeks as she threw herself into Norman's arms, who immediately tried to comfort her.

"I want to hug her so bad!" cried Emma, with Norman closing his eyes. It was like losing her all over again. She was here just a moment ago, and now she was gone, lost in the crowd. They probably have to search for a few months in order to find her again. If they would even try.

"Um, e-excuse me..." His eyes snapped open as he heard the familiar voice. He looked down, surprised to see (Y/N) before him, with her so-called brother next to her, a careful expression on his face. He clearly didn't trust them.

"(Y/N)?" asked Emma, turning around, wiping her tears with the sleeve of her jacket. (Y/N) tried to avoid eye contact, her cheeks coated in a light shade of pink as she said: "I-I think... You knew me, right?"

"We did. But you don't remember us, huh?" asked Norman back, a pained expression on his face. He, too, wanted nothing more than to just hug his dear little sister. "The promise... The reward you gave was your memory. I had a feeling you would do it, but... You're so selfless, (Y/N)." said Emma, to which the girl looked at her.

Dawson looked between them, then released a soft sigh. "Alright. You seem to have no ill intentions. If you'd like, we can go to my house to talk in private." he suggested. (Y/N) turned to face him, asking: "You mean it?" "If it means helping you, then sure." "Thank you, Dawson. You're the best." "Oh, I already know that." he joked, causing her to chuckle.

Time skip: two hours later

(Y/N) Pov:

"I see... So my name is (Y/N), and I was born into the Ratri clan. We lived in another world, where we were raised as food for those Demons that kept appearing in my nightmares. You guys are my family, and I traded my memories for our freedom." I said, trying to sort my thoughts.

The orange haired girl, Emma, smiled a little, saying: "It's a bit much to take in, I know. Especially with the second world and the Demons. Okay, everything is hard to believe! But it's the truth. The number on your neck is proof of that."

I gently brushed my fingers over the side of my neck, saying: "Well, it does feel natural to talk to you. And I also drew you." "You drew us?" asked the boy next to her, Norman.

Nodding, I showed him one of my sketchbooks, flipping through the pages. Next to some drawings of Dawson, some scenery, and some animals, there were a lot of drawings of them. Just without their faces.

With a sad smile, I admitted: "To be honest, I somehow knew that I knew you when I first saw you. But everything happened so quick and without warning... I'm sorry, I was overwhelmed. I made your reunion horrible."

"That's not true! We're so happy that you're alright and healthy!" called Emma, a bright smile on her face. "What about Ray?" asked Norman, to which I paused for a moment. I flipped to the front of the sketchbook, showing lots and lots of unfinished drawings, all of one boy.

"This is him, right?" I asked, although I already knew the answer. Norman nodded, and Emma had a hopeful look on her face. "He's been worried sick about you. For the first three months after you disappeared, he stopped eating properly. He was so focused on finding you that he even passed out when we went outside." explained Norman, a sad expression on his face.

I felt my stomach twist at that. He went that far for me? And I don't even remember him? Tightening my hands into fists, I stood up, saying: "I-I'll go talk to him." "Tell him I'm sorry for pushing him earlier." said Dawson, to which I nodded, opening the front door.

And there he sat, on a rock, watching the chickens that Dawson and I took care of. I felt a warm, familiar feeling spread throughout my whole body as I approached him, deciding to push my nervousness away. I at least owe this to him.

"Dawson says he's sorry for pushing you earlier." I said, taking a seat next to him. We didn't look at each other. Instead, he continued to watch the chicken while I looked up at the sky, the sun almost completely gone.

"It's fine." he quietly said, his voice sounding a bit hoarse, indicating that he had cried. I fiddled with my thumbs, trying to find the right words to say. Right before I could do so, he spoke up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://ru.pinterest.com/pin/738801513875572115/