122

3rd Person Pov:

Walking down a rather long set of stairs, Norman and Zazie entered the room at the bottom. "Yo, boss." greeted Cislo almost immediately, to which Vincent and Barbara looked over at the door, greeting Norman as well. The white haired boy said: "I was looking for you guys."

His eyes then went towards the tall Demon that was held in place by metallic restraints, a bunch of metal spears and weapons stuck in some parts of its body. It was clear that that thing had endured a lot of pain before it died.

"It's been a while since I've come here." he noted, looking back at his followers. Cislo hummed, saying: "I come here quite a bit myself." Nodding, Barbara added: "It always manages to calm me down, so..."

It was suddenly quiet, the air around them getting tenser and tenser. That is, until Cislo spoke up. "What did they want to talk about?" he asked, referring to the three oldest amongst the Grace Field escapees.

To that, Norman answered: "Various things. Them not wanting to let the Demons go extinct being one of them." Barbara gritted her teeth, muttering: "So they really..." "What happens now, boss?" asked Vincent, looking at their leader expectantly.

Norman answered immediately. "Don't be impatient. There will only be a minor change of the plan. We'll have to be on the lookout for (Y/N)." "(Y/N)? Who was... Ah, was that the small chick that's always clinging to that emo guy?" asked Cislo, to which Norman nodded.

He said: "She declared me war." "What?! How dare she!" called Barbara, anger starting to show on her face. She balled her hands into fists, saying: "I knew it! That dumb little-" "Barbara." said Norman in a rather dark tone, staring her down.

"That's still my little sister we're talking about. No matter what any of you do, if you happen to hurt her even a little, then Lambda will feel like heaven to you." he threatened, causing Cislo and Barbara to gulp, taking his words very seriously.

Sighing lightly, Norman added: "She's almost on par with me intelligence wise. We can't take her declaration of war lightly. And whatever she'll be doing, Ray will be with her. That makes two new enemies. And also, the Evil Blood Maiden is alive."

"Eh? Isn't that bad?" asked Barbara. "I've thought a bit about this. Leave it to me. It seems that she's friends with Emma and ehr acquaintances." explained Norman, to which the other three kept quiet, staring at their leader with clear disbelieve on their faces.

"Friends with that 'cursed blood'?" asked Cislo. Vincent noted: "These could either be very good or very bad circumstances." Barbara looked at the ground, then said: "So that's why, huh? Because they really don't want to kill the Demons. Why... Friends with the Demons? Just... What the hell is that?!"

She grew more and more angry, yelling: "Demon's aren't like that! There's just no way... right?! Uuh!" She suddenly held her head in her hands, whimpering and saying: "Ahh, damn it...! Damn, aah, it's here! My head... it's splitting open..."

She fell to her knees, with Cislo immediately by her side. "Barbara!" he called, holding her by her shoulders. "She's having the usual spasms. Damn it!" Vincent glanced at Norman, saying: "The intervals between them have been getting less and less within the last few days... Not just her, but for all of us."

"Where's the medicine?" asked Cislo, trying his best to help Barbara out. She whimpered, answering: "It's in... my room. Agh..." Vincent held some pills out to her, saying: "I have some in reserve. Here, take them, Barbara."

Without hesitation, she took the pills, immediately throwing them in her mouth. With a concerned expression, Vincent said: "The amount of medicine needed has increased. And it's not just the frequency that's getting worse, but the symptoms, too. We very well could have very little time left."

"See... This is what Demon's are... This is what Demon's are to us cattle, damn it...!" yelled Barbara, starting to cry. "If only... If only Demon's didn't exist...!" Cislo looked at Barbara, saying: "Hey, boss... When you were gone, we talked with Emma, (Y/N), and Ray."

Norman looked over at Cislo, who continued: "They're nice kids... But that sweet talk they spewed out disgusted me. They're really nice people... They really are, but even so..." Cislo turned around to look at their boss, a hurtful, conflicted expression showing on his face.

"You're on our side. Right, boss? You're the boss, aren't you? Losing your way isn't something you can do, right?" he asked, clearly panicking. At that, Norman kept silent for a moment, carefully choosing his next words.

"We've come this far. Of course there's no stopping now."

Somewhere else:

Furiously sketching in her sketchbook, (Y/N) muttered different, incomprehensible things to herself. She was sitting alone in the library, a bunch of random books scattered around her. She was tired, really tired, but she couldn't fall asleep.

So, she had reluctantly left her fiancee's embrace and went to a quiet area to think. Here, she could make at least a little noise without having to worry about waking anyone up. She sighed, placing her pencil down.

Taking the sketchbook in her hands, she held it up in the air, looking at the drawing she made of one of her younger siblings. "Phil, I miss you. Please be alright." she said to herself, looking at the bright smile she drew on him.

She placed the sketchbook back down, laying her head onto her arms that were now resting on the table. "This is such a pain. I'm not even sure if we can make it back from the Seven Walls in time." she muttered out, sighing once more.

Closing her eyes, she said: "But oh well. Emma, Ray, and I are going to the Seven Walls tomorrow. We're already running on very low time, so..." She let out a yawn, slowly starting to drift off to sleep.

But before she did so, she reached out towards the sketchbook, gently placing her hand onto her latest drawing. "Phil, Carol, Naila, everyone... We're on our way soon..." she trailed off, finally able to fall asleep, hoping that the night will pass by quickly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.de/pin/lambda-squad-the-promised-neverland--839851030511996709/