120

Hello, everyone!

Welp, looks like I had too much to do and had to delay the new chapter :(

I had planned to write a quick update, but didn't have the time to.

Anyways, to make up for it, I made this chapter a bit longer, with a little bit of drama!

So, hope you'll enjoy!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(Y/N) Pov:

"And more importantly, we'd better be on the lookout for 'Mujika' and 'Sonju'." said Norman, causing me to look over at him. What does that mean? 'Be on the lookout for'? They're our friends, they're friendly!

He continued: "If they're being chased by the king and nobility, then I think they aren't getting close to any of the Demons' settlements. They have the power to return degenerating Demons back to their humanoid form."

The way he's talking... I don't like it the slightest. "They don't know just how us cattle will revolt though. It would be trouble for them if we went ahead and got caught by the Ratri clan. The cattle children's safety will become an exceedingly indefinite and dangerous factor for them." he said, causing me to widen my eyes. "Norman?" asked Emma, just as surprised as me.

However, his next words hit differently. "We need to track them down and kill them." I quickly stood up, saying: "I will never let you hurt either of them." My voice was rather low, threatening, even. And it was clear that it came unexpected to all of us, including me.

A deafening silence filled the air in Norman's office as I kept my gaze straight at him, glaring him down. It was clear that none of them really knew how to react, and I was going to use that to my advantage.

Tightening my hands into fists, I asked: "Norman, are you even hearing yourself?" He seemed caught off guard by my question, staring at me in disbelief. "I mean, what the hell are you even talking about? Mercilessly tracking down and killing our friends?" I asked, to which he, again, kept silent.

I continued, not letting any of the three say anything at all. "Sonju and Mujika saved our lives. They're not even eating human meat. If Sonju wouldn't have gone back to get Ray, he would have died. Norman, you're making me mad."

"(Y/N), I'm not saying that they're not nice. My point is-" he tried, but I cut him off by saying: "I don't care!" Again, he was quite taken back by my sudden, loud voice. I really don't like yelling, or even raising my voice, but if I have to, then I will.

"I don't care that they're Demons! They've done nothing wrong to us, and we owe them our literal lives! Is that not worth it to you? Are our lives of that minor value to you?" "That's not- Don't you think we should close our mouths and watch the Demons go extinct? Do you think you can forgive them?" he asked, clearly trying to get me to change my mind.

But of course I'm not going to.

"I've made up my mind. I don't want them to die. I want them to live. Because they're living beings, after all. Just like us. Why should we get to live and they don't? Those two can live without eating humans, and it works just fine!" I said, looking at the ground, trying to find the right words to say.