29

Ray Pov:

"(Y/N)! Emma!" I called out after hearing their screams. My eyes widened as we stopped, only to see Mama holding Emma and (Y/N) while sitting on the ground. My eyes were glued on (Y/N), who held her right arm tightly, tears streaming down her face. What happened...? "There, there. It's okay." comforted Mama, hugging them both. "It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt." Norman stood behind them, his eyes wide. "You poor things. My adorable Emma. And my sweet (Y/N). That's why I said to give up. But you two haven't hugged me in a while, so that made me happy. Norman, you realize it too. That's wonderful. That's right. I'll control you until the end. That's how special you are. A special meal that only a special One can eat. The highest quality children that I have raised." She pulled two fresh bandages out of her pocket, then passed one to me. "Ray, would you be so kind as to treat (Y/N)'s arm?" I looked at the bandage in my hand, then immediately rushed to (Y/N), pulling her into my chest. "Ray... Ray..." she cried, still clutching her arm. "A-Are you all right...?" she asked. My eyes widened. She's in pain, yet she asks me... "(Y/N)... Yeah, I'm fine." I answered quickly, then looked over at Emma and Mama, watching as Mama tied a straight stick to Emma's leg. "I-I was so worried th-that you might've gotten hurt..." said (Y/N), closing her eyes. This girl... I quickly put the bandage around her arm, then held her close to me. Mama said: "Yes. You truly are special. That's why I have to protect you. No matter what. I had to do this because you weren't going to give up." Emma screamed again out of pain. My eyes were still wide as I watched Mama caressing Emma's face. "You can't move for a while now. You can welcome tomorrow safely." she said. "Tomorrow?" I asked. "Yes, tomorrow. Stay put and celebrate, Emma." She turned to look at me and (Y/N), saying: "I got a rare notice from the higher-ups. I can choose between two children to be shipped out. And since (Y/N) happened to have gotten hurt, the decision is clear." My eyes widened even more. She was going to... to ship out (Y/N)...? But then... everything would have been for nothing. If (Y/N) doesn't survive, then... Mama turned towards Norman, saying: "Congratulations, Norman. Your shipment date has been set."

(Y/N) Pov:

No... That can't be true... "Norman's getting shipped?" asked Ray, tightening his grip around me. Mama answered: "Yes. It's been decided that it'll be tomorrow." But... I clutched my arm even tighter, saying: "Ray... i-it hurts..." He hesitated, but asked: "Mama. What happened to (Y/N)'s arm and Emma's leg?" She answered: "Don't worry, both were clean breaks. They'll heal back to normal without any scars. It's probably going to take a month or two for them to completely heal. I hope it's healed by your birthday, Ray." "No, Ray! I don't want that!" I called, grabbing him by his shirt. "D-Don't! Don't do this to me! Mama, ship me out, not Ray!" I cried even more, whispering: "Not Ray... Please..." "I'm sorry to tell this to you, my sweet (Y/N), but you'll be the last one of you four to get shipped out." said Mama, picking Emma up. My eyes widened. Th-Then... Ray, Norman, Emma... Even though I knew it... It sounds just too awful. My breathing got heavier and I felt my heartbeat quicken with every second. No... This is not true. I don't want to see them leave. "No. No, no, no. I don't want- I can't see them leave. Ray, don't go. Don't leave me. Ray, Ray!" My vision was getting blurrier as I felt the warmth of his body. "(Y/N), I'm not leaving you. I'm right here, holding you close." I relaxed a little at his voice, closing my eyes. "P-Promise me... to stay with m-me..." I said. "I promise." With that, I was able to let the dark engulf me, easing my thoughts and pain.

3rd Person Pov:

"Make sure to give me that bag later." said Isabella to Norman, before starting to walk with Emma in her arms. "Okay. Let's go back to our home." Ray was gently brushing through (Y/N)'s (h/c) hair. He knew what Isabella was trying to do. Stopping Emma from moving, shipping Norman out, and trying to break (Y/N). All that just to stop them from escaping. He hated it. It made him mad to the point that he would be screaming if it wasn't for the unconscious girl he held. With much caution, he gently lifted her up, careful as to not hurt her broken arm. They walked back to the House in silence, since no one dared to say even one word.

031145

3rd Person Pov:

"What should we do now?" asked Don, bringing a hand to his face. "Norman is getting shipped out. Our rope was taken away. (Y/N) hasn't said a single word. Emma's leg is broken and she can't move." "Emma's leg will heal quickly. Just like (Y/N)'s arm." noted Ray. "We can make more rope! The escape will happen, so we'll make it happen! But first, Norman." Gilda asked: "But why? Why is Norman getting shipped?" Ray said: "Mama was talking about the next shipment. When she said the situation changed, she was talking about either (Y/N) or Norman. That's... Why would she be able to chose between them?" Gilda looked at Ray, saying: "And I can't believe even Sister..." She covered her mouth with her hands. Don said: "She was her usual energetic self this morning, too. She was smiling and doing laundry, like normal. But now, she's no longer alive anywhere in this world." Don and Gilda both took a sharp breath as Ray kicked a bucket away, gritting his teeth. He couldn't even stay at (Y/N)'s side. And that made him even more mad. Isabella told them that only Norman should stay with the two girls until later that day, since they both need rest, and he's soon going to be... "Damn it!" Ray balled his hands into fists, looking up at the sky. "I couldn't even protect her. Now what...?" he asked, blaming himself. 'If I was more cautious, if I would've thought through the different possibilities... No, it's not over yet. Even if Norman doesn't have a plan, I'm sure that (Y/N) or Emma are already on it. There has to be a way to save him.' he thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://pin.it/5XTHxU7