2

(Y/N) Pov:

We looked inside the room, seeing only a big wagon of some sort. "Conny?" asked Emma out loud, but got no answer. Norman was the first one to walk in, Emma and I following close behind. We looked around us as we silently walked further into the building. It was scary, but I could contain myself.

We stopped next to the transporter and Emma asked: "Is this the truck that'll take Conny? Actually, I've never seen a vehicle before." I nodded at her, and we walked around it, with me stopping at the back of it. It was so silent that we were able to hear the waterdrops falling from the ceiling.

"No one's here." noted Norman. I hummed and Emma suggested: "Maybe she'll find it if we leave it in the back." as she pointed at the truck. "Good idea." I said, opening the back of the transporter. My eyes immediately went wide and my mouth felt dry. Emma dropped Little Bunny while she, too, stared at the picture in front of us.

My heartbeat increased about a dozen times. And before I knew it, I let myself fall onto the ground while Emma took a few steps back, both of us still staring. "Norman." she said in a shocked voice. "D-D-Don't l-look..." I added silently, covering my mouth with both of my hands.

He, however, ignored my words and looked into the back of the truck. His eyes immediately widened at the sight before him. "C-Conny..." I whispered, my eyes were still on the back of the truck. Even though my thoughts were racing, I noticed something. A red flower. It was sticking out of her chest, right where her heart was. And her eyes were wide open. I can only imagine the horror she must have seen...

"Is someone there?" asked a voice I've never heard before. All of my blood left my body, and my soul with it. We all gasped at the same time. That someone asked: "Hey, did you hear a voice just now?" "Probably your imagination." answered another voice.

As fast as we could, we hid behind the vehicle, in between the wall and the truck. Emma took Little Bunny with her. At the wall in front of us was a big door, that I prayed would stay closed. Norman nodded at us, thinking the same as I did.

Hide.

We silently hid under the truck. Just then I noticed something. My sketchbook! I forgot it... I dropped it when I saw Conny. I reached out for it, quickly pulling it closer to me. Thankfully, it didn't make any noise at all.

One of the two voices said: "If it was a stray cat, I would have caught it and ate it." "You eat things like cats?" asked the other. Eat cats...? They walked past us, and I stretched my neck a bit to look at the strangers in front of us.

Bad idea! Those... things aren't human! They don't have normal faces! They're tall, black, have white mask-like faces, and strange, yellow-green eyes. Those are... Those are Demons!

Norman and Emma saw them, too, both reacting similar to me. I was about to make a sound, but Norman quickly covered my mouth, thankfully. One of the two Demons grabbed Conny's body with its enormous claws. It said: "It looks delicious. Human flesh is the best."

"No..." breathed Norman out, as silent as never before. Emma glanced at him, then me as she covered her own mouth. A weird sound was heard and a strange thing filled with blue liquid was put in front of us. A second later, they dropped something in it.

I watched with wide eyes as the tank cleared again, seeing Conny's lifeless body in it. "Damn! Can't I at least have a fingertip?" asked one of them, obviously upset. "You idiot. It's valuable merchandise. It's not something the likes of us can have. All of the human flesh produced on this farm are high-quality meat intended for the rich."

F-Farm...? Emma asked: "Where's Mama...?", almost giving our location away. Norman quickly shushed her, still holding my mouth shut. "Is the Gupna done?" "Mostly done, sir." "Another six-year-old... Lately we've been shipping out normal quality ones. But it looks like we'll soon harvest some high quality ones. Isabella." "Yes."

That voice... No way... My eyes widened even more. If Norman wouldn't have kept his hand on my mouth, I would've screamed. Mama...? "Make the preparations to pluck these four with full scores." "Understood." "Wait. I smell something." Those were the words that made us run.

As we made it out of there, Norman took my hand and pulled me with him, since I was falling behind. At some point, Emma even tripped. "Emma!" called Norman, stopping. We tried to catch our breathes, processing the information we were just given on accident.

My knees felt weak, and I couldn't help but to drop to the soft, green grass. "Is this place a farm? Are we all... food? No, it can't be. Everyone found foster homes. And Mama... it was the usual, kind Mama, right? We were mistaken. That girl wasn't Conny, right?" asked Emma, slowly but surely freaking out.

I was breathing heavily as I, too, looked over at Norman, hoping he'd say something to ease the situation a bit. Despite our hopes, he said: "That was Conny." Tears started to dwell up in my eyes and Emma was already crying. She screamed at the ground, and I suddenly felt light headed and extremely sick. Norman went to comfort Emma, while I turned a away from the two. I threw up, trying my best to hold my hair back. Tears were flowing down my face as I took in deep breaths, trying to calm myself down again.

"Welcome back. How did it go?" asked Ray as we entered the house. I looked down, not being able to say anything. I want to tell him. He was always the one I could rely on the most. I want to tell him, but... I have to sort my thoughts first.

"We didn't make it." was all that Norman said. We headed upstairs, but Ray stopped me by holding me by my wrist. I didn't look back at him, knowing that I'd give in and tell him everything right then and there.

"W-What is it?" I asked with a sore throat. He must've noticed, since he hesitantly asked: "Are you alright?" "I-I'm just feeling sick again..." I answered, closing my eyes. He put something in my hand before slowly letting it go. I walked up the stairs, after Emma and Norman, looking at what he gave me. My pencil...? Ah, that's right. I gave it to him earlier. I... can't think straight...

"Were we raised just to be eaten by something?" asked Emma, her green eyes almost dull. "Let's escape, Emma, (Y/N). We have to leave this place. Don't worry. We can do it. You, me, and Ray. If it's the four of us..." explained Norman, simply voicing his thoughts.

"It might be impossible. I can't leave them here. Otherwise they'll definitely get killed. I don't want any more of my family to die." cried Emma silently, covering her eyes with her arms. "It's not impossible." reassured Norman, sitting down next to her.

I was still sitting on the bed, not saying anything. How could I? I've sent everyone off with a smile. And now they're all... They're all... gone. "It'll be okay. Let's run away. Together. With everyone." suggested Norman, putting a hand on Emma's shoulder.

"B-But how? How will us kids run away from those monsters?" Just as Emma asked that, I knew the answer. She knew it, too, saying: "Strategy. It'll be the same as playing tag." "That's right. We'll find a way for all of us to survive." Emma nodded at Norman's words, while I just stared out of the window into the chilly, dark night. Just then, it hit me.

Little Bunny!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.dk/pin/685743480743415610/

-Edited-