145

Hello, it's been a while, I guess :)

A few months already, huh?

Well, I'm very sorry for just disappearing and not saying anything for so long, but I really needed a break from everything.

Life was kind enough to throw me back time after time again, and a lot of stuff happened that didn't quite help me with my mental health.

But!

I'm not here to bore you with all of that talk. I'm here with another chapter that I managed to write over the span of all those months I 'took off'! And to make up for the time I lost, I want to draw a few oc inserts :D (Like the one on top)

As for the future update schedule, I really can't promise anything. I have to get back into writing, and, well, that will take some time.

I can, however, say that I will continue to update this book from now on!

If I missed anything important, please let me know!

For now, I hope you enjoy reading a new chapter!!

-Shuzuku Higami

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ray Pov:

After kicking and kicking at the door, without it moving a single inch, I hit the bars with my fists, then held onto them. I swear, once I'm outside, I'm going on a killing spree.

Sighing, I moved backwards, my back hitting the wall behind me. I slid down, until I was sitting on the ground, trying to come up with a way to escape. "Shit!" I said, leaning my head back. Of course this was going to happen! I knew it! Yet I didn't stop her. At least I know that it's very unlikely that Peter would do anything to her.

A pair of heavy footsteps caught my attention. I looked to the side, where a Demon was now standing, staring at me. Great. I can't even defend myself in this cell. The Demon continued to stare, which didn't help my concentration at all.

Then, I got an idea. I quickly moved the collar of my jacket to the side, showing the number on my neck. The Demon noticed this and, apparently, recognized the number. It went to attack the cell I was in, and I moved back, ready to start running.

And just a second later, the Demon had destroyed enough of the cell for me to escape. I ran, with the Demon following quite a distance behind me. But it was faster than me, so it'll take about ten seconds before it would catch up to me.

I passed a few rooms, but didn't have the time to enter one. Think, Ray, think! I could use the Demons' height against it, right? Or I could-

My thoughts were interrupted as I was suddenly pulled to the side, and into a room. The door was shut just as quickly as it opened, and I was sitting on the ground, staring up at the person that had just saved me.

My eyes widened as I quickly got back up, asking: "You're... alive?" Smiling at me, Mama nodded her head, answering: "I am. Now, tell me what you're doing away from the others, Ray." Her tone was stern, yet held worry in it.

"I was with (Y/N), but Peter took her with him. I need to get to her as soon as possible." I told her, checking our surroundings. "With (Y/N)? So she's doing alright?" asked Mama. I nodded lightly, then went towards the second door of the room, about to leave.

"Ray." called Mama, causing me to stop, looking over at her. She threw a firearm towards me, a smile on her face as she said: "Be careful." "...Thank you." I said, then left the room, determined to find (Y/N).

(Y/N) Pov:

"So you're (Y/N). Tell me, do you remember?" asked Peter, sitting at the table across from me. I hesitated to answer, then decided to do so. If I wanted to change his mind, then I'd have to engage in a conversation with him.

"I don't remember much. Only their voices." I admitted, fiddling with my hands. "Want to see a picture of them?" he asked me in a gentle tone, to which I quickly nodded. He smiled sadly, then handed me a framed picture that he kept on his desk.

I looked at the two people in the picture, feeling the tears rise to my eyes. "So these are... mom and dad?" I asked, even though I knew the answer already. "Yes, that's them. My brother James, and Sister Miryam." he replied.

I gently brushed my fingers over the glass, staring at the infant in that picture. That's me. This is the family I used to have. The family I should have gotten. The one I lost within a single day.

"You're asking yourself why I did what I did, don't you?" asked Peter, resting his head on his hands. I didn't say anything. He let out a chuckle, adding: "It's written all over your face."

"That's not why I'm here. I'm sure you know that." I said, trying to sound as serious as possible. It all depends on this. If I fail here, then we won't have another choice but to kill. But I really, really don't want that.

I quickly closed my eyes, forcing the images of the man I killed out of my mind for now. I have to stay focused. "Of course. You're here for business. Although, I do have to admit that I didn't think you would drag 81194 into this." said Peter, a light grin on his face.

"I'm not proud of it, but he wouldn't have let me act on my own." I admitted, shifting slightly in my seat. "Is he okay?" I quickly asked, obviously worried. Peter chuckled, answering: "Of course. I told you that I won't be using any foul tricks. He's fine." Releasing a sigh of relief, I said: "Alright. So we can discuss the important things now."

3rd Person Pov:

Panicking, Emma kept on walking in a line, breaking her head over what to do. "(Y/N) would always come up with something in these kinds of situations! Just what should we do?!" Norman stared at the ground, deep in thought.

He needed to figure out what (Y/N) and Ray had planned before coming up with anything else. He knew that they wouldn't do something so reckless without knowing that they could pull it off. And yet, something was bugging him.

"What should we do?!" asked Emma once more, causing Yuugo to sigh in annoyance. "Shut it, Antennae. We're trying to think here." he told her, to which she looked over at him, saying: "But I can't just sit still and do nothing! What if they're in danger?"

"That's the point. We don't know if they're in danger or not. As long as we don't know what they planned, we can't do anything." noted Norman, brushing a hand through his white hair. "Wait, you don't know? It's simple." stated Yuugo, looking over at Norman.

Norman stared at the adult, asking: "You figured it out?" "I mean, it's pretty simple. (Y/N) wants to deal with everything on her own again." "Then-" "I got it!" called Emma out, cutting Norman off.

She quickly walked up to her friends, saying: "We can't sit around and wait for them to do all of our work! So, we're going to help out! Let's get ready, 'cause we're going to storm right through!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

Me! I drew it :D