94

3rd Person Pov:

Emma said: "If the only enemy closing in from the front is at the north corridor... Right now, there's only one pathway that connects to ours they would be able to enter from that passage. Before the enemy comes down the pathway, if we're able to cut across... Their encirclement will fall apart!"

Oliver asked: "But why does the enemy have a gap like that in their formation?" Rossi quickly answered: "Actually, Lucas is making sure that the entry points to the secret room with the phone as well as the armory below the dining room aren't discovered by the enemy. That's why..."

"Rossi, where is Lucas right now?" asked Emma. He answered: "After breaking the monitors, he was going to the regular exit to get it open." "That idiot!" called Yuugo, a wide grin on his face. "It's settled. Before they notice us, we'll cut through the armory and escape from the regular exit." declared Emma, tightening her grip on Chris.

"This way!" ordered Yuugo, and all the children followed him. "Oliver!" called (Y/N), following the other children. He quickly joined her side, asking: "What is it?" She said: "You and Paula should go to help out Lucas." "Leave it to me!" said Oliver, heading towards Paula.

The children ran and ran, and, all thanks to Lucas, who took down yet another one of the enemies, they managed to make it outside. The kids were panting, some even celebrating. Lucas quickly called out to his best friend. "Yuugo!" Nodding, Yuugo knew exactly what Lucas was trying to say.

He turned to face the kids, asking: "Is everybody here?" The kids nodded, looking up at the adult. "Then, you all run away right this second." he declared, which caused them to gasp. "Huh, what about you?!" asked Alicia, with Marc nodding.

"Lucas and I will come later. It's our duty to make sure that the remaining six men don't follow you." stated Yuugo, backing away from the children. "At least let me come with you." said (Y/N), narrowing her eyes at the adults. Something wasn't right, and she knew it. She just had to figure it out. Fast.

"Me as well!" added Ray, joining her side. Lucas placed a hand on (Y/N)'s head, saying: "No, all of you go on ahead." "That's final." said Yuugo, looking at the two of them with a hint of sympathy. They were both ready to kill humans in order for them to survive. But that's not something these kids should have to do.

"There's no need for you kids to carry that burden. Leave it to the grown ups. And besides, there's only room for two adults anyway." said Yuugo, showing them a gasmask. Lucas put his on, showing that he had the other one.

Yuugo grinned, continuing: "With these, their gas won't be as effective." "But... That's not..." trailed (Y/N) off, her expression puzzled. She had a clue on what was going on, but she sure as hell didn't want to accept it.

Sighing, Yuugo bend down to her height, placing a hand on her shoulder, saying: "(Y/N), this is the very best decision we can make. It'll be okay. We'll catch up soon. Take Chris to a safe place and rest as soon as possible."

She closed her eyes, shaking her head. "No! It might be the best decision, but I won't allow it! I-I can't let you two go back in there alone." Rolling his eyes, Yuugo said: "I promise we'll come back." "Promises like that don't mean anything. They can easily be broken." she replied, looking at him with teary eyes.

"Emma, you and the children go ahead. Ray, you too." she said, grabbing the gun from her belt. "No way. If you're staying, so am I." said Ray, grabbing his weapon tightly. "Eh?" Emma was confused, but said: "It'll be fine. I trust you guys, so you better make it back alive." "I'll make sure of that." said (Y/N), nodding at her best friend. With that, Emma and the other children left.

Yuugo stared at (Y/N) and Ray with wide eyes. This was not how this was supposed to go. They shouldn't even know it was a farewell. Chuckling, Yuugo stood back up, shaking his head slightly. "Damn. I should've known you'd see through me. What now, Lucas?" he asked.

Lucas thought for a moment, then said: "(Y/N), Ray, you two know the kind of situation we're in right now. So you should know that this is the only way to-" "No!" called (Y/N). She then stepped closer to Yuugo, hugging him tightly.

The adult was completely taken back. Never had any of the children treated him like this. "H-Hey..." he trailed off, not really knowing what to say. "I-I don't want y-you to die..." said (Y/N), tears filling her eyes again.

"We've been through enough already. A-And there's going to be much more trouble. I want you two with us when we cross the worlds. That's what I promised you, Yuugo." she said, sniffling as a few tears left her eyes, rolling down her cheeks.

Ray knew very well that she was right. But Yuugo was right as well. The best thing to do would be to kill the enemies. They had to sent someone in who knew the bunker like the back of their hand, and someone that was able to fight.

But this? He would never admit it, but to him, Yuugo was like a father. The father he never had. And he was sure that it was the same for (Y/N). He stepped closer to (Y/N), saying: "If the four of us go in there, we have a chance of winning."

Lucas quickly said: "No, I won't allow that." "Then what now? If you want to enter the bunker alone, we'll just follow anyways." said Ray. Suddenly, (Y/N) looked up at the three of them, saying: "The self-destruct system."

"I- That could work." stated Lucas, thinking about it. Ray said: "Yeah. If we were to activate the self-destruct system and flee, the bunker would explode and take our enemies with it." "Fine, we'll try that. But if anything fails and either of you two get killed, I'm gonna drag your ass back to life just to kill you myself." stated Yuugo, looking down at the two kids.

(Y/N) nodded, stepping back from him. "Okay. But if either of you dies, I'm never ever going to forgive them and the one that lives." she said, holding a hand out to Yuugo. He took it, saying: "Aight. Now, let's get going."

"Wait. We should move in teams." interfered Ray, taking (Y/N)'s hand in his. "I'm going with (Y/N), and you two go together. You'll march right through to them, using the gasmasks, and we'll try to catch them off guard by attacking from behind."

"Now that sounds like a plan to me. 'Till later, kids." said Yuugo, entering the bunker. Lucas smiled at them, saying: "Take care." before joining Yuugo. Ray nodded at (Y/N), saying: "This way, they won't blow up the bunker with them." "Yeah. Let's just get this over and done with." she said, placing a kiss on his cheeks before they started to run towards the enemy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.pinterest.ch/pin/744642119620751681/