30

(Y/N) Pov:

I heard Norman say: "Emma." followed by quiet shuffling. I glanced towards them, watching as Norman took Emma's hand in his, saying: "Don't worry. All she took was the rope." "What are you saying?" asked Emma. "The plan isn't over yet. Both of your injuries will heal." "That's not it! We have to do something about your shipment!" "The escape will succeed." "You're coming with us. You have to be with us, or else!" "Hold on, I'll get you some water." "Norman!" With that, he left the room. Emma turned to look at me, tears in her eyes. "(Y/N), what... should we do?" she asked me. I don't know. I don't want to know that Norman's getting shipped out tomorrow, but... We have to be able to do something, right? We don't have any influence over Mama anymore, since she kicked Ray out. Sister Krone's not coming back as well. That leaves us with two possible ways. One, we escape tomorrow, or two, we have to see Norman leave. But escaping tomorrow will be impossible. I could most likely make it, but Emma can't walk. Carrying her will only slow down that person, which would follow in them being caught. Then... Then... A few tears ran down my cheeks as I looked down, saying: "I-I'm sorry, Emma. I... don't know..." Words that were usually so easy to say out loud suddenly hurt. "I don't know what to do anymore. I can't think of any way to make it with everyone anymore. I-If I would've realized sooner that Mama knew about Ray being the spy, w-we could've avoided this. If I-" I was cut off by a light hit on my head. "No more 'if's'." I looked up, my eyes widening. "Ray..." I said, the tears stopping. He sat down next to me, a determined look in his eyes. Emma shared the same expression as him. What...? Did I miss something? "We're going to let Norman escape." said Ray. I looked at him, then at Emma. If he escapes alone, then... That's it! He should be able to hide here around the House once we break his tracking device. He could organize everything out of the shadows, right? Suddenly, Ray pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly, saying: "I'm sorry." "H-Huh?" "I wasn't able to protect you." "B-But that's..." I felt my cheeks heating up, blinking a few times. "We'll manage. Here's the plan." he said, going on to explain it.

As soon as Norman entered the room, he asked: "Ray?" He then took his seat next to Emma. I sat on my bed, with Ray next to me, while Emma was still on her bed. Ray said: "Norman, tomorrow afternoon, escape by yourself." "We're not going to let you die." said Emma, determined. I said: "We can't lose you, Norman." He was surprised, then smiled sadly, saying: "Sorry, I can't do that." "Denied." the three of us said at the same time. There's no way that we let him go just like that. And I'm sure that he knows.

3rd Person Pov:

Norman's eyes widened. He didn't expect them to 'deny' his answer to their plan. Ray said: "To be more precise, tomorrow afternoon, make it seem like you've escaped by yourself." in a calm voice. "Huh?" (Y/N) continued: "Break the tracking device, then pretend that you escaped." "Then, hide in the area until (Y/N)'s and Emma's bones are healed." finished Ray. Emma looked into Norman's eyes, saying: "And on the day we escape, you'll run away with us." "But even if it may not be true, once I run away, the security will get tighter." noted Norman. Ray quickly said: "That's not a problem. Judging from the House's caretaking policies, security won't increase much." "Caretaking policies?" asked Norman. "One, to let us grow freely and comfortably. Two, strict confidentiality. The first point is best for out developing brains. A healthy child who grew up freely with rich emotions. That's the minimum obligation for the person in charge of the House." answered Ray, showing the right amount of fingers for both points. Norman said: "So that means point two is also..." "Yeah. The Demons won't show themselves. I mean, they're terrifying. It could mess with the development of the children's brains." said (Y/N), closing her eyes. The images of the Demons that she, Emma, and Norman saw the day Conny died crossed her mind. She quickly grabbed Ray's hand, holding it tightly. Ray nodded at her words, saying: "If they do change the security, they would only increase the number of guards or caretakers. That's something we can deal with. No, we will!" "But that's..." interfered Norman, "If they increase the height of the wall to something we can't climb, how will you climb over it, then?" Ray snapped a little at Norman: "You can make a ladder while you're hiding or something." "What if they change the tracking device to a more complex one?" "If they implant new ones, we'll know where they are, so we can just take them out! We can handle it! You get it, right? You don't have to die. I'll supply your food. We'll keep you hidden no matter what. We can more or less deal with tighter security. I still have a trump card to outwit Mama! So live! Pretend to run away, and with this method..." "No." was Norman's simple answer. Ray was clearly taken back by this. "I can't do it. It won't work." "Then... why? Why can't you live?" asked (Y/N), looking at Norman through tear filled eyes. It hurt him to see her like that, to see his dear little sister this vulnerable. But he knew that once he fled... "It's not just about security." he answered honestly. "If I run, you, Ray, or Emma might get shipped out in my place. To what Mama said, you were her first choice, so you would be in danger, (Y/N)." Ray tensed up at Norman's statement, but relaxed a little as he held (Y/N)'s hand tighter in his. "For one of you to get killed instead of me? I don't want that at all. They can have my life. But I have no intention of giving them anything else. I'll destroy what Mama has plotted and make sure the escape succeeds!" Ray's eyes widened once more. What Norman said sounded convincing, but to let him die? It wasn't worth it. (Y/N) lowered her head, her bangs covering her eyes. "Thank you." said Norman. "You should come up with and decide on a plan for after I'm gone." Ray said: "Don't be ridiculous. Then what were the last six years of my life for?" "Sorry." "Damn it!" Suddenly, (Y/N) lifted her head, looking at Norman with shiny eyes. "But Mama didn't choose me." The three others looked at her. Emma immediately understood and smiled. (Y/N) turned her head to look at Ray, a smile of hope on her pink lips. Emma said: "Then Ray, you should break your leg, too."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picture from:

https://www.zerochan.net/2736715?amp