Part 14

I headed to carry on with my work, anytime I overheard anyone's conversation with Arnav, it just ended up making me uncomfortable, and I didn't even know why it affected me so much, like I wasn't supposed to bother about it but I was, and I hated that I was so curious about it.

Someone would always bring up Sona, and I had no idea who Sona was, if she was so important then why wasn't she here? Where was she? Who was she? How was she related to Arnav and everyone else?

I was so curious at this point, I really wanted to find out who she was, I guess maybe some google work was going to help, but I left that for later, right now I had to concentrate on the function and make sure nothing went wrong.

The function had began and currently there was a group dancing on the stage, I stood in one corner and watched silently, I looked around trying to find Arnav and I spotted him seated beside Samar watching the dance.

"I was looking for you." NK said as he joined me.

"Why?"

"Because I was bored, and I like your company." He winked at me to which I giggled.

"Are you trying to flirt with me or something?" I asked.

"You can call it that, only an idiot wouldn't flirt with you, I mean have you looked at yourself, you are so beautiful." He said as he held both my hands and made me face him and then he looked at me in a very admirable way.

"Thanks." I blushed as I looked at the floor.

"Very hot." He said as he fanned himself with his hands making me laugh, he was really flirty and funny. I got back into my position and turned to look towards the stage when I saw Arnav standing a few feet away from us, he was just staring at us silently, but when I looked at him, he looked away and then walked away.

There were a few more dances by different people which I watched while standing in this same position, NK too gave me company and he kept on telling me random stuff which I just kept on listening to silently.

The last dance was by Samar and Sonali of course and they performed it on the song Perfect by Ed Sheeran. That song was literally like a love anthem for every couples out there, somehow everyone did related to it, even though not fully, but a part of it was always relatable. It was such a beautiful song, I loved it too and I always had this scenario in my head where I was going to be slow dancing on it, outside in the rain with the guy I was going to be in love with.

Before, the guy in my head never had a face, but today when the song played and Sonali and Samar started dancing, and I imagined the scenario in my head like I always did, I saw him, I saw Arnav and I dancing together.

Was it possible to fall for someone so fast? I wouldn't say that I was head over heels in love with him, but I definitely liked him, a lot, I just wanted to talk to him, to be around him and to spend time with him.

"Excuse me, I need to go check up on the food, everyone will be heading to eat after the dance so..." I said to NK who nodded so I left immediately, it was just an excuse though, I had confirmed earlier that everything was okay.

It was just after listening to this music and seeing Sonali and Samar, I just had this urge of wanting to talk to Arnav, so I decided to go look for him.

I looked for him in so many places but I couldn't find him anywhere, I wondered where he had gone. I was almost giving up when I spotted him seated far away on a bench, it was too dark over there so it wasn't easy to even see him.

I walked towards him and sat down beside him silently, he dint even look at me. Was he trying to avoid me or something? If he was, maybe I should just leave him alone. Maybe all these stupid scenarios in my head that had his face were going to disappear one day, I dint want to force myself to talk to him if he was trying to avoid me.