Part 34

ARNAV

She stared at me blankly after I finished telling her everything that Sona had told us, it seemed like she dint have any words regarding the situation, well neither of us did, no one would have thought that something like this could ever happen.

I kept on waiting for her to say something, but she was silent and I didn't know what more to say, I had put us into this mess, I was hurting her and I really wished I could do something to make her feel better.

"Say something Khushi." I cupped her face and looked at her, she looked back at me, he eyes were so red it was like she hadn't stopped crying at all. She shut them and inhaled a deep breath and dint open her eyes for a while, but when she did, tears came rolling down.

She stood up and looked away from me as if trying to hide her tears or something.

"I am sorry that such a terrible thing happened to her Arnav, I really am, even though I don't know her personally, I feel for her, no one should have to go through what she went through." She turned to look at me again, at least she was talking now, I wanted for her to say everything she had in her mind.

"When I agreed to be with you, it was because she wasn't here, if I knew she was alive I would have never put myself in between you two. You told me you liked me Arnav, and you were attracted to me and with Sona gone, I really hoped you would love me which I don't see happening now.

I don't know if she still means the same to you, I don't know if I mean anything to you, all I know right now is that I trusted you, I put all my faith in you, and just knowing that she's back scares me to death Arnav." And the tears were there again.

I stood up and rushed to her, trying to wipe off her tears, the truth was that at this point I myself dint know what I felt for either of them, I had always loved Sona, but I wasn't sure if it was still there, I was so attracted to Khushi but I wasn't sure if it meant more that attraction or not yet.

"You know I would never hurt you like this on purpose right? Please stop crying Khushi, please?" I cupped her face.

"If you would never hurt me then choose me Arnav, look here I am, standing right in front of you begging you to choose me because I love you and I can't imagine of a life without you. I know it hasn't happened for you yet, but it happened for me, a long time back and I really wanted to wait to tell you about it until you were in love with me too but I can't wait now, so this is me, saying it finally.

I love you Arnav, I have never loved anyone like this before and I've gotten so attached to you I just can't imagine having to be without you, so please, please love me?"

"Khushi?" I looked at her with my eyes wide open, this was such a big thing, I mean yes we were dating, but I thought we were in the getting to know each other process, I didn't know she was already in love with me.

Oh God! Oh God! What was I supposed to do now? I couldn't hurt her at any cost, she brought light to me when my life was dark, how could I make hers darker? But would it really be fair if I chose to be with her just because of that reason?

"Okay, listen to me Khushi, I am thrilled, I really am to know you feel that way about me, but... I can't lie to you, I'd never want to lie to you and like I told you yesterday, I like being with you, spending time with you and you make me so happy, but I am not sure what I feel towards you is love.

If you want me to be with you I will be, I won't look at Sona I won't mention her or anything but it would only be because I wouldn't want to hurt you, you made me happy when I was broken, I wouldn't ever want you to be broken like I was but you deserve to know the truth so here is my truth.