Part 56

I held his hand tighter as we both stood at the entrance of the Raizada mansion. I know I had agreed to come along with him for dinner but now I was suddenly so nervous it made me wonder if I was ever going to be able to really be comfortable coming here or even living with them in the future.

"Hey, it's going to be fine, they all love you" Arnav assured me with a smile.

I nodded as we both headed inside, everyone was seated in the hall just as usual having some sort of discussion, all their eyes turned towards us as soon as we walked in and it kind of made me really nervous.

Crazy isn't it? How one incident can change you as a person?

I was never the kind of person to be shy or nervous around anyone, even in the beginning when I was planning Samar's wedding, I was so comfortable with his whole family, but then just one incident, and everything changed.

Everything felt so different and I just felt so sad for not being able to be as I used to be... it broke me, knowing I might never be able to go back to being that person, I loved her, I never wanted to lose her and because I never wanted to lose her, I was going to try harder and make sure I became that again.

"Happy Birthday Dad." Arnav rushed to hug his father, they both held onto each other for a while, once they were done I walked towards him and wished him happy birthday handing him the present Arnav and I had bought for him.

"You dint have to get me anything." He pouted.

"It's a way of us showing our love." I smiled.

"Thank you Khushi." He smiled as he opened up the gift immediately, his smile became bright as soon as he saw what was in it.

"This is so beautiful." He pulled out the watch and put it on while Arnav and I smiled at each other, we then sat down and joined everyone else in the conversation.

"Asha aunty dint come?" Arnav asked.

"No, we didn't invite her, this is a family thing so we thought it should be just us, we'll throw a party later for friends and everyone." Barkha said.

It made me wonder if she was always invited to birthday dinners before, if she was, then why didn't they invite her this time. Was it because of me? I dint know how to feel about that, I mean at one point it meant a good thing because it showed how much the cared about me and wanted me to be comfortable, but I also felt a little sad that she wasn't invited just because of me.

We all chatted for a while and then headed to the dining room to have dinner, there were so many dishes placed on the table, it was like a feast.

We all settled down ready to have dinner, the food was served and in no time, and everyone started eating while I just stared at the plate of food in front of me silently, I was hungry before I came but now suddenly my stomach dint want food, there was just this weird feeling in my stomach that I couldn't explain.

Why was it taking me forever to heal from this seriously? Now I was mad at myself, it wasn't like this was my first time here, I had been here before, I had sat down with them and eaten before, so why did it feel so different now despite everyone being so good towards me?

"Eat." Arnav said as he grabbed my hand and pressed on it slightly, I nodded as I picked up a spoon with my left hand and started eating.

"Have you always been a lefty?" Barkha looked at me curiously.

I looked at her awkwardly as I tried to pull my hand out of Arnav's grasp but he was being naughty and he wouldn't let it go.

"I think her right hand is too busy." Sonali giggled while Barkha looked at her in confusion, usually she would catch such things immediately but today for some reason she really seemed like she couldn't get it.