Part 28

It had been a while since I saw Arnav, like he had informed me, he had been really busy with work but he always made sure to call or text me, it felt good to know that despite being so busy, he made time for me, to at least call me and talk to me, it showed how much efforts he was putting, and I really hoped that everything between us was going to be great.

My phone vibrated in the pocket of my jean while I was walking around the mall with Manvi, today was our shopping day, we both came to the mall once in a while for some shopping, groceries and stuff and sometimes we would go get ourselves some cute clothes too.

A smile formed up on my face as soon as I saw that it was a text from Arnav, I unlocked my phone to read it so I could reply to whatever he had said when I heard Manvi arguing with someone, so I just stopped beside her still staring at my phone.

"I get free today, if you aren't too busy with your work can we go for a date tonight?"

"Sure, would love to. I've missed you." I typed back.

"I've missed you more." I smiled stupidly at his text, it was crazy how just a little text from him ended up making me so happy. I was lost in my own world of happiness when someone waved their hand in front of my face so I looked up.

"Hey, now you don't even see me?" NK asked with a huge smile on his face, I looked at him and then at Manvi who was frowning at him, so he was the one she was arguing with? Why though?

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you. Where have you been lost?" I asked as I greeted him with a hug.

"I'm just around, I haven't seen you in a while, how's everything?"

"Great." I smiled, I was just so happy that I was finally going to get to see Arnav.

"You're still frowning? I apologized, I don't know what more to do." NK looked at Manvi making a really cute face.

"What happened?" I asked in confusion.

"He stepped on my shoes, first of all, it hurt, and these are Louise Vuitton, do you even know how hard I had to work to get them?" Manvi looked at him angrily.

"I'll get them cleaned for you, besides they didn't even get dirty, see my shoes are clean." NK said lifting his leg up showing us the sole of his shoes which were pretty clean.

"Whatever, let's get going." Manvi rolled her eyes as she started walking away leaving me and NK behind laughing at her.

"So... I'll see you around sometime?" I asked.

"Sure." He smiled as we waved goodbye at each other and then headed our way, I rushed to join Manvi who was still frowning, sometimes she could be very particular with her stuff, especially the expensive stuff so I get it that she was angry he stepped on her show, but nothing happened, so it was okay.

"Hey angry bird, relax now, your shoe is fine." I joined her.

"Why do I always come across such irritating guys, why can't I ever meet any nice guy?" She rolled her eyes making me laugh.

We stopped beside our car as I tried to find the keys in my purse while Manvi waited there still staring at her shoes. Oh God, this girl was going to obsess over it forever.

"Khushi?" I turned around and saw Asha walking towards me with a huge smile on her face, wow I don't know why but I was so awkward suddenly.

"Hi..." I said nervously.

"I thought it was you, I haven't seen you since the wedding." She smiled to which I just nodded, I seriously didn't know what to say, I mean I know she was playing cupid for Arnav and I but she was also Sonakshi's mother and that just somehow made me so awkward.