Part 37

KHUSHI

It was a never ending cycle, every morning I'd wake up to a text from him, it was like he didn't want to leave me alone or something. The text always asked if we can meet once and talk but there was nothing left to talk about, I didn't want to reply to him, I didn't want to meet him, and I definitely dint want to talk to him.

What was he going to talk to me about anyway? About Sona? About how he still isn't sure what he feels towards me? I was so done with him and as usual I ignored his text hoping one day he would stop texting me and leave me the hell alone.

In the past few weeks, I've bumped into him many times than I'd expect, and every time I'd see him coming towards me I would run away, I wasn't going to let myself fall weak again, I wasn't going to beg for his love like I once did.

He would always try to call me, shout my name tell me to just listen to him once but I knew better, I knew he would just try to trap me with his sweet words again so there was no way I was ever talking to him.

I really couldn't understand what was wrong with him, I mean everything else apart he even had the audacity to show up at my house a couple of times but thank God for Manvi, she always chased him away and warned him against trying to talk to me.

I mean after everything that happened, you could think he would stay away but he wouldn't. There was another text from him today, a bit different than the usual ones.

"I know you are avoiding me, but please Khushi, I beg you, just talk to me once, I promise I won't say anything to hurt you, I Just want to say something very important which I can't over a text. I've tried to talk to you in all ways possible but you just run away from me, I swear just listen to what I have to say once and then you can decide to ignore me forever and I promise I won't bother you. This is the last text I am sending you, I know it must be irritating to wake up every day with the same text from me and even after this if you don't want to talk to me, I promise I'll leave you alone. This is my last try, if you choose to ignore me, I'll just leave you alone."

I wondered what it was that he wanted to talk to me about, I mean what could be more important now? The only important thing was his choice where he didn't choose me so I guess there was nothing more important than that right?

I looked at the time and rushed out of bed, I had a wedding to attend today, of course the one I planned, I had to be there to make sure everything goes well, so I got ready in a hurry ignoring all the thoughts I was having about his texts right now.

I didn't know if I wanted to give him that chance, who was he to decide that whatever he had to say me won't hurt me, maybe he could thing it wouldn't hurt me but it would, he had promised not to hurt me and he had always done that anyway.

*****

I stood in one corner after I had confirmed everything was like I had planned, the wedding was ongoing and I was just looking at the bride and groom who were really happy. I've loved weddings since I can remember and deep down I've always wished to plan my own wedding someday and since I met Arnav, I had always imagined a perfect wedding with him, it was now harder to even imagine one.

A group of few men blocked my view as they came to stand in between but they quickly walked to the stage to take pictures with the bride and groom clearing my view again. What I wasn't expecting was Arnav to be one of those men, how come he always ended up in the same place as I?

It was like destiny trying to throw us into each other's paths even though nothing between us was ever going to work out. Quite honestly, I had given up all my hopes.

As I looked at him, I remembered the text he had sent me today and it made me wonder whether I should give him that chance, whether I should talk to him once and listen to whatever important stuff he had to say to me or whether I should just stay away for the sake of my mental peace.