Part 18

The conversation between Arnav and I was quite hard to process, I just stood still as I tried to process the information I had just received. Sona had to be really lucky that Arnav loved her so much, I wished I would have been lucky enough too.

I would be lying if I said it dint hurt, knowing what kind of a person Arnav was and then his honesty just made my feelings towards him stronger than they already were and it pained me to know that there was nothing I could do about it.

Alexa, please play Ek Tarfa by Darshan Raval on loop!

I looked at Sonali and Samar who were now happily married, they were really lucky to have fallen in love with each other and get married, not everyone was as lucky, I mean look at Arnav, he lost Sona and look at me, I was strongly feeling for someone who was never going to feel the same way.

Damn it! Why did feelings have to hurt this much? Also, from all the guys in the world, why did I have to fall for the one that was so complicated?

"Hello. Earth to Khushi." NK waves his hands in front of my face, I looked at him and tried to smile as everything was okay and this was the first time it felt so freaking difficult to smile!

"You okay?" He looked at me curiously.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." I faked a smile.

"Great. I was looking for you. I told you I had to ask you something after the wedding was done, now it's done, everyone is heading home and I think I would like to see you even after this. Do you think that's possible?" He looked at me nervously.

I stared at him in confusion, did he want to see me as a friend or go on a date or what? He had to be more specific, currently my mind wasn't working well.

"To clear the confusion that I can see on your face, I was saying, I would like to get you more, you're a really nice person and I think if you're okay with it too, I would like to... you know, take you on a date sometime or so?"

"Oh wow. I... I don't know what to say." Wow, this was something.

Here was a perfectly handsome guy, he even seemed like a nice person and he was asking me out on a date and somehow I managed to fall for the one that was never going to feel that way about me. I really wanted to say yes, I really wanted to go on dates with him and get to know him and see where this goes but right now, I had so much going on.

Everything that happened with Arnav was just making all this difficult for me right now and I dint know what to say to NK.

"I would really love that NK, but not right now. I just need time to get over some feelings, I wouldn't want to go out with you half-heartedly, so maybe when I am ready?"

"I totally understand, how about we exchange numbers and then whenever you feel you're ready you can text or call me?"

"Sure." I nodded as we both exchanged numbers, I had no idea when I was going to get over those feelings but I had to someday right? And maybe this was going to motivate me for it. Wow none of this made sense but whatever.

*****

After the wedding finally came to an end, everyone started leaving, and I got back to my work of dismantling all the work me and my workers had put into this wedding, I gathered them all around and instructed everyone on what they were supposed to do.

There was another wedding here in a week's time so we had to make sure we cleaned up by tomorrow at least so the other people could get started on their decorations, it was going to be a long day.

"Khushi." I heard Barkha's voice, I turned around and found her and Asha standing there.

"Yes?"