Part 26

Meeting your partner's family has to be the scariest thing ever! I don't know if it was the same for everyone out there or just me, but it was terrifying, I was literally having a panic attack, my palms were all sweaty, my heart was racing and I felt like I was going to pass out despite knowing that it was his mother in the first place that tried to fix us up.

It was still so scary, being around so many people from his family, his brother, his sister in law, his parents, I didn't even know how well to explain this strange feeling I was having at the moment but I was just pretty much scared that everyone was going to judge me.

They would look at me and think I wasn't right for Arnav, or something about me wasn't right for their family, or they would have some sort of problem about me, maybe the way I lived my life, or my work or just anything.

I was just too paranoid, I always thought of the worst thing possible in such situations and right now I was just thinking that they were going to hate me even though that might not be the case, I just couldn't stay positive in such things.

"Look who's here." Arnav smiled brightly as everyone turned to look at us. Relax Khushi, breath in and out, they're going to love you.

"Khushi!" Barkha stood up and rushed towards me, followed by Sonali, they both greeted me with hugs and by this moment, I was supposed to be relaxed right, I was supposed to feel okay, they were happy to see me here, but I wasn't, I was still so nervous.

"I'm seeing you after so long, where have you been lost?" Sonali asked.

"Just busy with work." I replied.

"Finally you got some time off work and decided to pay us a visit, I'm so happy to see you here." Barkha said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her, we both sat down on the sofa beside each other while I just kept looking at Arnav, this was way too scary for me than I imagined it to be, I don't even know why I was so scared.

"So... how have you been?" She asked.

"Good..." I smiled a little.

"You sound different than your usual self, is everything okay?" Barkha looked at me worriedly, okay was my anxiety too visible? Was I making it obvious that I was nervous?

"I'm fine." I nodded.

"Okay, you just seemed rather reserved than when I met you first, you were talking too much and just being so happy and yourself, you seem somehow scared today and so silent, it's so unlike you."

"It is... she's like that because she's scared you're all going to judge her." Arnav looked at me, okay how did he know that? Was I making it too obvious?

He walked towards me and sat down beside me making it so awkward, everyone looked at us in confusion and he looked at me and then slowly put his hand on mine and smiled trying to cheer me up.

"Why so?" Samar asked as him and Sonali looked at each other gesturing if either of them knew why.

"Because... she's not here just as someone that planned Sonali and Samar's wedding, she's here because I asked her to come. I have something to tell you." Arnav said.

"We're listening." Amar looked at him seriously, oh God this was so scary.

"Khushi and I are dating, we're together and so I thought I'd finally tell you all about it." Arnav said.

"Really?" Barkha almost jumped up like a happy kid which made me smile a bit, I also saw a smile form up on Amar's face which meant he was happy to know this too.

"Aww, I was shipping you two since my wedding." Sonali said.

"You were? Asha and I were literally trying everything to make them spend time with each other, I guess it finally worked." Barkha laughed happily, oh she was too happy about this.