Part 42

KHUSHI

I was feeling really nervous, I know it wasn't our first date but it was our first date after our huge fight and breakup. I just hoped everything would go well, I didn't want to get hurt again and I really hoped Arnav was going to keep his promise of not letting Sonakshi come in between us.

I stood in front of the mirror staring at my reflection, I was dressed in a dark green satin dress, it was strappy from the top and it hugged my figure heading downwards, I paired it up with some gold heels and a gold clutch and left my hair hanging open with some curls at the bottom.

I heard the doorbell as soon as I walked out of my room so I headed to open the door immediately and there he was, standing right in front of me looking handsome as ever. He was dressed in one of his usual suits just black and white but somehow he looked hotter than ever.

I guess when you are in love with someone, they look hot to you no matter what, even when they are all messy, you'll just be mesmerized by them.

"Wow." He smiled as he held out his hand for me to hold, I smiled back and tried to hide my blush while he led me to the car.

"You always manage to amaze me, how do you end up looking so beautiful every time?" He asked as we stopped beside the car.

"What can I say, good genes?" I smirked.

"Oh how I missed you." He laughed as he opened the door for me, I got in and then he went the other way round and got in on the driver's side and drove us off. I had no idea where we were going, he just told me to dress glam so I did that, I guess it would be some five star hotel or something.

After a short drive, we actually stopped at a hotel, I hadn't been here before but it looked really nice from the outside.

Arnav held my hand once again and led me inside, it was cute how he was holding my hand, that was twice today, it looks like everything that had happened ended up making things better for us because so far, everything seemed good.

This place had such gorgeous interiors and it seemed really classy, like the type only specific people could come to. Arnav led me to our table as we both sat down and the waiter walked to us with the menu.

Everything seemed fine and normal like how a date should be but yet somehow deep down I kept feeling scared, what if something went wrong? What if something happened to ruin this once again? My thoughts were making me so anxious it was hard to enjoy this date because all I kept on thinking about was, what if something went wrong.

"You okay?" Arnav looked at me in concern.

"I... I don't know how to explain."

"It's okay, tell me whatever it is, I'll try to understand."

"Okay, everything was fine since we left from home, even throughout the drive I was fine and then we came here and as soon as we sat down, I don't know but I just feel strange."

"Strange in what way? Aren't you comfortable here? We can go somewhere else."

"No, it's not that, I am comfortable, it's just that I can't stop worrying about what if something went wrong again. It's scary, like I'm just nervous something bad is going to happen to ruin our date or something."

"Have you felt this way before?"

"No, all our dates before were fine, this is the first time."

"I don't mean just on our dates, but randomly, have you ever felt so worried even if it's not about our date, but just anything else?"

"Yeah... that day when Sonakshi came back, I felt something similar, and then a couple of times after that, and also that day at the mall. It's like I'll be fine and the out of nowhere I will be overwhelmed with so many thoughts and I would just get so worried. I think a lot of things have gone wrong since then so I just keep worrying what if something else will. I know it's stupid but I can't stop worrying." I almost cried.