Part 38

ARNAV

I kept on staring at my phone screen every few seconds hoping she would call me back, hoping she would text me back but every time I looked at it, I ended up disappointed. I really wished she could talk to me once, just once.

When I had the chance I didn't talk to her and now when I wanted to talk to her, she wouldn't talk to me, why was everything between us so messy? I know I created the mess but I wanted to solve it and all I wanted was to talk to her.

I was so stupid for promising her that I wouldn't disturb her anymore after this because I still wanted to try, I didn't want to give up, and I wish I could just tell her what I wanted to over a text but I couldn't, it would mean nothing on a text.

She wouldn't even receive my calls otherwise at least I could talk to her on a call and tell her what I wanted to, but it was like suddenly the entire universe was against us.

Maybe what I had to say to her wouldn't really mean much to her over a text but maybe it would get her talking to me right? Maybe I should text her and tell her what I want to talk about and that way she can hopefully agree to talk to me.

The past weeks had been so difficult without her, I mean it was clear since the beginning, I never wanted to break up with her but I was too scared to admit that I was in love with her because Sona was back and I thought I might still be in love with Sona and it would all get so messy but then just spending all these days without Khushi, without seeing her or talking to her just made me feel so terrible, I missed her, I wanted to be with her, I wanted to be happy with her like I was before Sona came back and then I messed up so bad.

We were doing so good and I knew I would have realized what I felt for Khushi if we continued longer and if all these that happened in between wouldn't have happened, but it happened and I made some stupid decisions and now I was regretting them.

Not the first time Arnav!

I had just grown up having Sona be the center of attention in my life, everything was always about her and even that's why at Samar's wedding when I developed that attraction towards Khushi, I ran away, I questioned it so much because all this time, my heart had only known one girl and it was Sona, it was so difficult for me to accept that anyone else could ever take that place but little did I know that Khushi had already taken it, so effortlessly that I didn't even realize it until I had lost her.

Why was I always so stupid? Why couldn't I have just put all this together when she asked me and right now I wouldn't be here trying to find ways of talking to her, instead I would be with her like we were before everything that happened.

I know it was too late now, maybe Khushi would never forgive me, maybe she would never want to be with me again but I just wanted to try, I didn't want to give up so easily.

That day when I went to the club and she broke up with me, I my heart broke into a million pieces and ever since I haven't been at peace, all I do is think about her, how I messed up and how I could apologize to her, but then I've tried all means to talk to her but she wouldn't talk to me.

I wouldn't blame her, she did whatever she had to keep her heart safe, but I really didn't want to lose her, I just wished there was a way for us to sort this out, to communicate, to make us work like we had done in the past.

"Anything?" Samar asked as he walked inside my room, he sat down on the bed beside me as I nodded negatively.

"I don't know what to do, I don't know how to get her to talk to me, every time I go to her place her friend would chase me away, I even went to her workplace but it's like she hides away or something, how am I supposed to talk to her when she has closed all ways for me?