Part 35

KHUSHI

It had been over a week since I last talked to Arnav, he had tried calling me a couple of times but I ignored his calls, he had even showed up here but Manvi lied that I wasn't around, he had even shown up at my office but I made sure to avoid him at all cost.

I knew one look at him and it was all I needed to become weak again which I didn't want to happen, love makes you so weak that sometimes you don't even consider how it will harm you, all you care about is the other person and just doing everything possible to keep them in your life.

I did that the last time I saw him, I told him I loved him and I begged him to love me and we all saw how that went right? I wasn't going to put myself through that again. I wanted him to love me but not because I begged him to love me.

I stared at the board I had prepared for the upcoming wedding I had to plan and I felt like there was something missing, I just couldn't figure out what it was. I grabbed my phone and played the playlist I had created of Darshan's songs.

As the music started playing, I remembered our date where he surprised me by bring him there to meet me, I was so happy and so emotional, I thought it was going to last forever. How could he do such huge things for me and yet not be able to decide whether he loved me or not?

There was no denying he had done so much for us, to make our relationship work, but what he was doing right now was just painful. I dint feel this much pain when he told me we couldn't be together after Samar and Sonali's wedding, and somewhere I had even left all my hopes behind and then he came back into my life and told me he couldn't stay away and I trusted him, I gave him my heart too early and he couldn't give me his.

I really didn't know who to blame here, him, Sona, myself, or the destiny.

I stared at the board blankly as the lyrics of the song started to sink in, it was funny how Darshan had a song for every situation I was in, maybe my love story was written based on his songs. I could relate so much to this song right now and even listening to it just brought tears into my eyes.

Abhi, abhi to mile the, phir judaa hogaye... Kya thi meri khata, tum saza hogaye...
Mujhe khone ke baad ek din, tum mujhe yaad karoge...
phir dekhna milne ki mujhse tum fariyaad karoge...

The sound of my ringtone brought my mind back to earth, I grabbed it and stared at the screen, it was a call from Manvi and I wasn't even sure if I wanted to receive it, she would get all worried and stuff and right now I just wanted to be alone so I could process everything that was happening and decided what I was going to do ahead.

The call disconnected and started ringing again, I wanted to throw it because it was making me angry, I knew Manvi wouldn't stop calling until I picked it so I could either choose to get a hundred missed calls from her or just pick it and get done with it.

"What?" I asked angrily as I decided to receive the call.

"NK and I are going to party, you are coming along, What the hell are you doing at work till this late anyway?" She asked, I looked at the clock and realized it was almost ten o'clock. How did I not realize it was late?

"No, I don't want to be the third wheel."

"And I'm not going to let you be alone on a weekend, I'm picking you up, that's it." She disconnected the call before I could even argue, I frowned because I really didn't feel like going anywhere or doing anything, I just wanted to go home, lie down on my bed and cry about how unfair life was being to me.

*****

"Let's go dance a bit?" Manvi grabbed my arm and tried to pull me to the dance floor with her.

"No! Go dance with NK." I shrugged.