Part 46

KHUSHI

I stared at him while he went through the menu still deciding and what to order, I was so excited, I couldn't wait to tell him that I was ready for the next step in our relationship, I mean of course it was going to be a bit different than the usual living together but it was still a big deal.

"Do I look so handsome that you can't take your eyes off me?" He smirked as he looked at me.

"Maybe." I giggled.

"Well, thank you." He smiled as he gestured to the waiter to come take our order, he let me order what I wanted first and then ordered his food, once the waiter left he looked back at me and smiled.

"You look different today." He said.

"How different?"

"I don't know... just happier? It's been a while since I saw you like this, it feels like slowly I'm getting to see the old Khushi back and you have no idea how much I'm loving that.

"I am too... it feels good to be getting back to my normal self, and maybe it has a little to do with you."

"I'm glad. So tell me, how was your day today, what did you do?"

"It was okay, dint do much, but I did manage to make a really big decision which seemed like quite a task." I laughed.

"Oh, is that so? And what was the decision?"

"You. I mean living with you, I think it's a great idea and I think we should do it." I said excitedly. As soon as the words left my mouth, a huge smile curved up on his face, he seemed so happy about it.

"Oh God, really? Wow! I'm so happy you think that way, this is so big Khushi, I love you!" He rushed to hug me, it was a bit awkward with so many people in the restaurant who were staring at us already but whatever, we were happy and that's what the matter the most.

"I love you too Arnav, and I just want for us to get back to our normal selves and be happy with each other and I think living together will really help with that."

"It will, I am so glad you agreed on this. I can't wait to live with you already. So have you thought about the living situation? Would you like to move into my house or should I move into yours?"

"I think you should move into mine, moving in with your whole family being there would be a bit strange for now, we can think of that in the future but right now can we just do it at my place?"

"Sure, I don't mind. When do you want me to move in?"

"Anytime you feel like, no pressure."

"Okay, let me talk to my parents and then I'll start packing my stuff. I can't wait to spend my days seeing you everyday, oh I'm dreaming about it already." He smiled.

"Me too." I blushed.

*****

We walked to the car after dinner and just stood the leaning against it, holding each other's hands and enjoying each other's company.

"Would you like to come home? I'll drop you at your place later. It would just be so easier to tell everyone back home that we are together again with you around." He looked at me nervously.

I didn't know what to say at the moment, I was confused and scared, I just dint feel like going back there, I hadn't been there since Sonakshi showed up and it was the same place that triggered my first panic attack, so it was kind of scary to go back.

"it's okay if you don't want to, I was just asking. You can totally say no."

"I'm scared, it's where my anxiety started and it just scared me that it might happen again."