Part 44

KHUSHI

I stood in one place staring at the couple that was getting married, I usually made sure to stay till the end of the wedding every time I planned one or leave someone to look over things just in case something was to be changed or anything else came up.

I just loved weddings, and I think that's what really inspired me to become a wedding planner, my love for weddings and all the functions related to it, they were all happy moments and it was always such fun, everyone had their own unique things they wanted for their weddings and it was always so interesting to plan and watch it come to life.

It was because of a wedding that Arnav and I actually met, if I never had the chance to plan his brother's wedding, maybe we wouldn't have ever met. Every time I think about those times, it makes me smile stupidly, the both of us were so into each other and it was so obvious, I couldn't believe how far we had come.

Since I started planning weddings, I had always dreamt of planning my own wedding and sometimes I would just wonder how it would be or who it would be with, but since I met Arnav, I had always imagined it to be with him, and I really hoped that someday we were going to get to that point where we both would want to get married but now the thought of it kind of scared me too.

Before Sonakshi's return, I wasn't really scared about it or anything, but breaking up with Arnav kind of changed so much, it was just so hard to make it go back to the way it was, where we both were so crazy for each other, and I just blindly believed he wouldn't hurt me.

I did believe that right now too, but there was a part of me that was really scared, scared that he was going to leave again, and I didn't want to feel that way, I didn't want to keep doubting it or think that way about him, for our relationship to work I had to trust him, which I did but then this fear wouldn't go away no matter how hard I tried, maybe my therapy sessions with Neel were going to help.

I heard my phone beep so I pulled it out of my bag and checked on the message I had received, it was from Arnav.

"Hey babe... how are you feeling today?" I read the text and didn't really know what to reply so I just kept on staring at the screen wondering what I should reply to it.

It had been three weeks since Arnav and I went to see Neel, and since then he's made sure to text me the same thing every day, to check on me, to make sure I was feeling okay and I really liked how he was being so considerate and he would even show up at my place most evenings to check on me, he was putting so much efforts and I really wished that maybe all of that would help me see things clearer, it would help me stop being scared of him leaving.

"I'm okay... how are you?" I typed back a text, I really dint want to talk about how I was feeling because it was like I was feeling the same thing every day and I didn't want to complain about the same thing to him every day, all I wanted was to stop feeling that way.

"Okay too. I'll see you in the evening today?"

"Not sure, I'm at a wedding, might get home late."

"It's okay, I'll wait."

I put my phone back in my purse and looked back towards the altar wondering if these feelings were ever going to go away or they were going to ruin my life.

*****

"Khushi?" I heard a lady's voice as I felt a tap at the back of my shoulder, I turned around immediately and looked at her...

"Asha?" I looked at her in surprise, I hadn't seen her anywhere in the wedding the whole day and suddenly she was here? Why was she here?

"I thought it was you... how have you been? I haven't seen you for ages." She asked with a huge smile on her face, it seemed like she was genuinely happy to see me here.