Part 27

After dinner, Arnav came with me till the parking lot to say goodbye, we both stood near my car just looking at each other for a while, whenever I was around him, I just felt some kind of happy and safe, I never wanted to leave.

"I hope this helped?" He looked at me nervously.

"It did a bit. It's just... your love for her, it's like this sort of unconditional love you read about in novels, or watch in movies, or have heard about, and I've always wanted a love like that, and then I look at you and I feel like it's possible but then I also remember that you felt that for Sona and it makes me wonder if you can feel that way again for someone else, if it can ever get that deep.

All I am looking for is your love Arnav, no pressure here, let it take however long it takes, but that's all I need, love, limitless, the unconditional one, the one like you had for Sona and sometimes I'm just worried it might not happen." I pouted.

He moved a bit closer to me holding my hands as he looked me into the eyes, his smile slowly faded off and he looked a bit more serious now.

"Why won't it happen Khushi? I mean look at me, I was so lost before you, I had forgotten how to be happy, since I met you, I've become a different person, I've become happier and that should already tell you what you mean to me already, imagine if you mean this much to me right now, imagine what you'll mean to me in a year, in five years.

Even right now if I try to close my eyes and imagine my life without you, it scares the hell out of me, so please don't think that I won't love you, I know it hasn't happened yet, but when it will happen, it will be the kind of love you want, I promise I'll love you more than you've ever imagined, all I am asking for is time, and trust and a little confidence in me and most of all, communication.

I just need you to trust me okay? I am not playing any games here, I really like you, a lot and I really want us to be together, I'll put in all the efforts needed, I'll do everything to make us work, just please don't ever keep anything that bothers you to yourself.

We've communicated about everything so far and it has helped us get here, please keep that going and everything will be great with us, and I'm sure in some time, your worries too will fade." He finally smiled again, letting go off my hands as he cupped my face.

"Okay." I nodded.

"That's like my girl." He smirked as he pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around him blushing so stupidly, I loved how he said those word, I'm his girl, it made me feel so giddy.

"Aww, what's making you blush?" He asked as he noticed the blush on my face after we broke the hug, apparently it was still there, my stupid unpredictable face.

"Nothing." I said as I buried my face in his chest once again trying to make the blush disappear, he wrapped his arms around me once again and held on to me, I didn't want to leave at all now, I just wanted to stay here, in his arms... it felt so good.

"Okay bye." I said as I broke the hug and immediately rushed into my car, I knew if I slowed down or anything, I wouldn't want to leave at all, it was getting too romantic already.

I got inside the car and turned it on as I waved goodbye at Arnav, he waved back at me as I drove off.

A few minutes into the drive, I passed by the route where the advertisement was, the one with Sona's picture, I don't know why I did it, but I parked my car aside, made sure all the doors were locked and just stopped there for a moment, staring at the huge board in front of me.

She was so perfect, so beautiful, her hair was beautiful, everything about her was so beautiful and somewhere I found myself wondering if I was as pretty as her.