Part 49

ARNAV

A lot had changed since Sona came back, it was such a big deal and it was really exciting to have her back, but with her being back there was a lot to deal with, like the feelings I used to have with her, and if I were to keep those feelings away entirely, she was my friend first and when I realized that I had moved on from her and fallen for Khushi, I thought maybe we could always remain to be friends.

Her friendship had always been very dear to me, we had started young, even before I knew the word Love or what it meant or when I developed those feelings towards her, it was friendship that brought us together, I had grown up with her with so many memories.

She was the first and the only girl ever in my life and somehow I never felt the need of anybody else until she was gone, until I met Khushi, she walked into my life being all happy and talkative and it took my breath away, she did so much for me without even trying, and when I realized what I felt for her, I knew I was going to make sure I did everything in my power to keep her, to love her, to make her feel happy and loved because I didn't want to lose on the second chance life had given me at love.

We were still trying to get back to where we were, and everything seemed to be going well until Sona showed up at the restaurant. First I could imagine it as a coincidence, but the second time it really dint seem like it and it felt like she was starting to become a threat to our relationship that I was trying so hard to save.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

She was seated in my office for half an hour now and she hadn't said a word, she had just been silent, every now and then she would try to say something but then stop and I had no idea why she was here or what she wanted.

"You." She looked at me seriously.

"Not this again Sona! We had our chance, we lost it and I don't have anyone to blame for it but right now I have my chance with Khushi and I wouldn't want to lose it for the world. I Love Khushi now and you can't change that."

"I was your first love Arnav, you don't get over it just like that."

"I dint get over it just like that Sona! I thought you were dead and I was a complete mess, she came into my life and healed me, taught me to love again so it might seem unbelievable to you but I love her, I really do and if you really are my friend then you would try to understand that and let us be, please."

"You're saying as if all this is my fault Arnav, I didn't choose to be kidnapped, I dint choose to go away from you, so what is wrong if I can't move on and I can't stop loving you." She was almost crying.

"I didn't say any of this was your fault, but I made it very clear to you that I love Khushi so you can't be doing this right now, you choosing to tell me over and over again that you love me and trying to show up everywhere I go with her is you choosing to ruin my relationship with her which isn't the right thing to do.

You are my friend Sona, you always will be and I'll always care about you and that's why I am talking to you calmly, if it was anyone else I would have them thrown out of here and never look at them, but you have to understand that we can't go back Sona, I have moved on and you have to.

"I can't! It's not like I haven't been trying!"

"Then keep trying, it doesn't happen in a day or a week! It took me long to get over you too and I did. Look I'm sure someday you'll find someone that will make it look so easy to get over me, you just have to accept the fact that I am with someone else now, I have a life to live with her and it's not going to change.

So please, stop trying to sabotage my relationship with Khushi, stop following me everywhere I go with her and stop trying to make me love you, it's not going to happen and I'm sorry I know you're hurt but doing all this is just going to hurt you more."