Part 50

ARNAV

When I got back home in the evening, Khushi hadn't arrived yet, I remembered she left me the note saying she would be late so I really dint know what I would do here all alone, I mean back at my house I was all comfortable I just knew what to do, but here I definitely needed time to get used to, plus Manvi also lived here so I had to make sure I didn't interfere with anything she was doing.

I freshened up and headed to the kitchen to get some snacks, I grabbed a packed of chips and walked out when I saw Manvi in the hall, she was watching TV. As soon as she saw me, she smiled and invited me to join, so I joined, I didn't have anything else to do anyway.

"It's one of those nights huh?" She asked, her eyes glued to the TV.

"Which kind of nights?" I asked in confusion.

"The one where Khushi works late, she might not even get home until after midnight. I thought you knew." This time she finally looked at me wondering how I didn't know, I thought by late she meant something like maybe ten o'clock, I didn't think it would be until midnight or even later.

"I didn't, I just assumed it won't be that late. That's why we need this living together thing, see I'm already learning new things about her." I faked a smile. How didn't I know this? I should have known this right? I mean she works as a wedding planner, I'm sure some of the things she would have to do end moment would be a lot to finish so quickly, it kind of made sense.

"Yeah, you'll learn a lot about each other." Manvi smiled.

We sat silently for a while just watching the TV, meanwhile thoughts about Sona kept crossing my mind, I still couldn't get over how changed she was, the Sona I knew would never do half the things she was doing right now and it was just so surprising to me, I dint know how to handle it.

"You seem stressed, are you uncomfortable here?" Manvi asked.

"No... it's not that, it's just some thoughts." I sighed.

"Is it about Khushi working this late? You don't have to worry really, it's just work and she will be fine, it's not like she's doing all of it alone, she has employees too." Manvi smiled.

"No... it's not that, I just remembered I had to pick something from home, I'll go pick it up and see my family too, incase Khushi comes back early, tell her I'll be back soon?"

"Sure." She nodded, I rushed to my room and changed as I drove straight home hoping I was going to find Samar home, he was usually home most of the times unless he had to go out for work or he would take Sonali out for their usual dates.

This thing with Sonakshi had really bothered me and I really needed to talk to someone about it and I thought talking to Samar was the best option here, he might help me out better and advise me on what to do about it.

*****

I walked into an empty hall, my parents weren't in the hall, so I assumed they had somewhere else to be otherwise they spent most of their time just seated in the hall.

I headed to Samar's room and knocked at the door hoping he was around, I felt so relieved the moment he opened the door, I pulled him into a hug immediately.

"Thank God you're home." I said.

"It's not even been a week since you left and you already miss me? I'm impressed." He joked as he broke the hug and looked at me as if trying to read me.

"I needed to talk to you about something." I said.

"Anything serious?" he asked as he moved aside so I could walk in, I walked towards the bed and sat down looking around wondering where Sonali was.