Part 47

KHUSHI

"Are you sure about this?" Amar asked after a long silence.

"Yes." Arnav nodded.

"Why can't you do it here then? We don't mind you two living together, but maybe you can do that here?" Barkha asked.

"I wish we could, but I think it's best if I move into Khushi's place. We have so much more to learn and adjust to, so it would be harder if at the same time she has to adjust to the family too.

Maybe when we decide to get married we will move back here and live with everyone but right now, our relationship needs this." Arnav tried to explain.

"He's right mom, I'm sure if they have decided for it to be that way, it must be for a good reason. Besides, I'm sure Arnav will visit us and come to have dinner with us once in a while, right Arnav?" Samar looked at Arnav.

"Of course, I'll visit as much as I can, and I would be around dad and Samar at work the whole day, it won't be a big difference."

"I know... it's just that I'll miss you. I am happy for you both but I'll miss you." Barkha pouted as she came to hug him, they both shared a tight hug for a while and then we all sat down once again.

There reactions were so surprising to me, I really thought maybe one person would have an objection but no one did, it was like they understood us or maybe if they didn't, they just wanted to let us do what we wanted to and I was really glad, living together was going to make everything so much better with Arnav and I.

"You know when Arnav comes for dinners, you can come along too Khushi. You are like our family, you have always been since you joined us to plan Samar and Sonali's wedding." Amar said as he looked at me with a smile.

"I will." I nodded, even though I wasn't so sure... I mean everything before Sonakshi came back was different than what it was now, not for everyone else but for me especially.

Before, I was so comfortable and happy to come here, everyone was always so good to me but then after... things just changed. Their behaviors towards me were pretty much the same, they were still nice to me and they did keep telling me I was their family and everything, but deep down I had just developed some sort of fear, that they were all secretly judging me and thinking Sonakshi was the perfect one for Arnav and that kind of made me really uncomfortable.

I know it was all in my head and maybe they dint think that way about me, but this new anxiety I had developed was just making it hard for me to look at everything in a way that I would have done before.

While I was lost in thoughts, I felt Arnav hold my hand, I looked at him immediately and he was staring at me in concern so I just smiled at him to assure him that I was okay.

*****

We walked out of the mansion after a while as everyone went to sleep, they suggested I should stay back but I politely declined, I just had so many memories with Arnav's room and just with staying back here that I was avoiding to face, I had faced enough for today, I didn't have to do it all at once.

"Hey, just so you know, there's no pressure okay. Even after we get married in the future, if you're not comfortable living here, we don't have to. I know your dynamic with everyone had changed and nothing it like it was before." Arnav assured me.

"I know... honestly I don't mind living with them, but I would do that only if I feel comfortable enough, a lot has changed and I really don't know if it will go back to the way it was, if it does, we can... anyway there's a lot of time for that now, we'll see when the time comes." I smiled at him.

We both got into the car as he drove me home, I sat there silently staring at him, he was just so... perfect for me, that was why I fell in love with him so easily. It was like he understood me in a way no one else did and he had been nothing but nice to me since we got back together, I really appreciated the efforts he was putting into our relationship.

"I'll pack my things tomorrow and move in by evening, I am just so excited for this I can't wait any longer." He looked at me with a huge smile.

"I know, I am excited too."

It was so strange, just yesterday we were talking about living together and by the end of tomorrow we were going to do exactly that, it was so fast but it was exciting at the same time.

I hoped it was going to go well and that it would really help make our relationship better and gave us a better understanding of each other.

"Here we are." He said as he pulled up to my parking lot, he parked the car as we both stepped outside.

"So... I'll see you tomorrow. I'll get a key made for you." I said

"I can't wait for tomorrow."

"Me too." I giggled, this was pretty exciting for the both of us.

"Is it crazy that I don't feel like leaving? I just feel like standing here, holding your hand and talking to you whole night."

"Same... but it's just tonight... from tomorrow onwards you won't have to go anywhere, you'll be right here with me."

"I know, I'll miss you till then." He pouted.

"I'll miss you too."

He kept staring at me after that without saying much, he would look at my lips and try to move closer to kiss me but then he would move back and look some other place, it was like he was having a battle with himself on whether he should kiss me or not.

So I grabbed his face, pulled him closer and kissed him, as soon as I did that, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer pressing me against his body while he kissed me back so passionately.

A while later, we both pulled apart panting for breaths and just looked at each other and laughed.

"You know you don't have to overthink it when you want to kiss me? Just do it."

"I know... it's just that with everything that happened..." he shrugged.

"I know... and I know I said there's no intimacy between us when we live together but kisses are fine Arnav, we can kiss each other, I know I would want to kiss you and I know you would want to so don't hold yourself back on that. Except for the other part." I laughed.

"Thank you." He smiled as he pulled me closer and kissed me again.

*****

"That was some hot romance out there." Manvi said as soon as I walked inside the house.

"You were watching! How rude!"

"Hey, the curtains were open and I was seated right here, who told you to make out right in front of me."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and sat down beside her.

"You know with that kind of romance, I doubt you two will be able to live together and keep your hands off each other, one time or the other, it's going to happen." She teased.

"Manvi!" I frowned.

"I'm joking. I'm sure this will be good, I can already notice how you're starting to get back to your old self and I'm so happy for the both of you, I hope it all works out for you."

"I hope the same too."

"So when is he moving in?"

"Tomorrow."

"What? So from tomorrow I'm officially then third wheel between you two. Oh the romance I'll get to watch, I'll not even have to watch the romantic movies anymore." She laughed.

"I'm going to kill you someday. Anyway I'm tired, I'll get to bed and get some sleep." I stood up to leave.

"Yeah, get some sleep, because you're getting none from tomorrow onwards." She laughed, I just gave her a serious look and walked away leaving her laughing like a maniac.

More than Arnav and I, I guess Manvi was going to have more fun just teasing the both of us every now and then. I could already imagine how it was going to be, I mean she had already started and we weren't even living together yet, so from tomorrow onwards it was just going to be too much of teasing from her side. I secretly liked it though, it just made me feel all giddy.