D I O N

I'm such a shitty person. I can't believe I was that mean to her.
Ugh!

When she left me outside there alone, I ran my hands through my braids and began to mentally kick myself for the way I spoke to her.

Venice is never gonna speak to me again, all because I was blinded by jealousy. I should have known better than to ever let my anger out on a woman like that.

But ugh, when I saw her grinding herself against that white guy, I completely lost it. She doesn't even let me touch her but that stranger can place his hands on her waist and touch on my ass.

Gosh, I really do sound like a dick.

I went back into the club and told Lloyd that I was leaving and I drove back home.
I didn't even have an appetite, despite not eating since 12:00. I just changed out of my clothes and got into bed.

And I've been staring at my ceiling for the past hour and a half, it's 12:15 and I'm unable to sleep.

Did I make her cry?

Does she hate me?

I wonder how she's doing now.

Damn, I really am the worlds biggest asshole.

I contemplate on whether I should text her or not.

She probably won't respond but at least she'll know I'm sorry.

Nah. I'll tell her face to face on Monday.

I sigh.

I wish I could take it all back. She has every right to hate me if she does.

The weekend feels slow and I stay at home both days.
When Monday comes along, I leave for work earlier than usual and stop by target to pick up a huge teddy bear and a whole bunch of chocolates.

I head to the school and take the things over to her classroom. I knock and hear nothing before trying to open the door and it doesn't open.

Maybe she's not here yet.

I head back to my car and drop the things back in there and go back to my classroom.
During the first break, I make my way back to Ven's class and knock on the door.

When I open it, she's not in there and instead, a small white old lady is sitting in her desk.

"Good morning ma'am." I greet her. "Do you know where Venice Carter is at the moment?"

"Yes sweetheart, she didn't come in today. I'm the cover teacher for her class."

What?

Did she skip work because of me?

"Okay thank you ma'am." I nod at her and leave.

I sigh as I walk back to my classroom and take my phone out the cupboard beside my desk.

I lean back in my swivel chair and scroll through my contacts till I get to her name. I press on it and listen to my phone beep, telling me that the call's going through.

She doesn't pick up and I drop and call her again. She doesn't pick up this time either and I try one last time.

This time the call ends immediately after two beeps.

I sigh. "Yep, she's definitely ignoring me."

I complete the rest of the work day, dismiss my kids, finish any work that I have and get into my car.

I drive straight over to Ven's apartment, text her that I'm outside and grab the things I got for her before heading up the stairs and ringing her doorbell.